- 17 -

~ about an hour later ~

John's POV

song writing princesa @hey(y/n)laurens
Slowly hacking away at making a new song with @songstudio_luka. And to think we're barely halfway done h e l p

I chuckled to myself, looking at the tweet. I had no idea what (Y/N) was recording, but my guess was something for her album. Though I thought she would've told me she was starting to record them. Maybe she did and I forgot, who knows.

Shutting off my laptop, I turned off my phone and left the bedroom, going downstairs. I walked into my art room, leaving the door open.

On the easel was a half-finished commission of a wolf. Gathering up my paints, I picked up my brush. I tapped some gray onto the brush, continuing the wolf's dark fur.

~

I took a step back, admiring my work. I was sure the girl who commissioned would love it.

Setting the drying painting aside, I picked up a new, blank canvas and set it on the easel.

I looked around, trying to figure out what to paint. My eyes landed on the sky outside. Mixing some dark blue paint, I started swiping across the white canvas.

~ 8:46 PM ~

"John? I'm back!"

"I'm just painting!" I called back.

I heard the front door close and footsteps gradually get louder. I touched up my painting before turning, seeing (Y/N) in the doorway.

She looked at the painting in surprise. "Did you just paint that today?"

I chuckled, nodding. "I started it like three hours ago. I didn't think I'd be done when you got here but I guess I did finish."

(Y/N) walked into the room. "That's so pretty."

"Thanks, princesa

"Thanks, princesa. I was going to start a long-term project but decided to hold off."

"Well I hope it has something to do with space or the borealis if that's the case. We should really hang this one up somewhere," (Y/N) responded, laughing.

"Our room could be a good place for it," I suggested.

She nodded, smiling. "I like that idea."

I grabbed her hands, pulling her over and kissing the top of her head. "I'm glad. How did recording go?"

"Decent enough. I'm proud of it, but it was quite a bit of work."

"I can't wait to hear it."

"Oh, I think you'll like it."

~ the next day ~

Your POV

I was back at the dress store with Mei, Teegan, Amara, and the Schuyler sisters. Today we wanted to finally them bridesmaid dresses (and Teegan's maid of honor dress).

I told them it had to be an 'autumn' color, and they all had to agree on a shade and dress. Teegan got to find her own dress as long as it was close to the bridesmaid dress.

I was walking next to Peggy when she pointed at a dress, pulling it out slightly. "What about this? This is cute!"

 "What about this? This is cute!"

(Look at dress B)

I nodded. "I like this! Can you stay right here while I find everyone?"

Peggy nodded. "Yeah!"

Walking away, I quickly found the other five, even if Teegan wouldn't be wearing it.

"Can you guys agree with this?" I asked. "Peggy seems to like it."

Amara nodded. "That's pretty! And it won't distract from you either."

"Yeah! The shade is super pretty too!" Eliza added.

Angelica smiled. "I think I could rock that."

We all laughed.

"Well I guess that's settled, now we have to find you a dress, Teegs," I spoke.

"I mean... look right here!" Teegan replied, pulling out the dress next to it (dress A). "It's a subtle difference, but you can still see it. Plus, it's the same exact shade!"

"I do like that," I responded.

"And I can so rock that sh*t. Let's get them!"

I laughed, looking around for a lady to help us. After a quick beat, someone saw us and came over. "You gals found what you need?"

I nodded. "Yeah!"

~

"So you guys picked out the dresses?" John asked after I had walked in.

"Yeah. They're this nice burgundy shade. It'll be perfect for the season."

"You've been busy, (Y/N)," he responded after a moment, concern in his hazel eyes.

I sighed, setting my phone down on the kitchen island. "Nothing I'm not used to."

"Baby girl, you've been wedding planning, shopping for the wedding, and writing and working non-stop on your music."

"And you've been helping," I countered.

"You always seem to work the most when I'm not around.."

"Because no one is there with me!" I exclaimed, running a hand through my hair. "Work has to get done somehow!"

"Chickadee, I'm just saying... You should really take a day to relax-"

"But then things won't get done!" I responded, exasperated. "I have lyrics to write for songs, music to go along with it, and we still have some parts of the wedding left! I don't- time isn't- damnit!"

I groaned, putting my head in my hands on the island.

I heard John make his way around the island, feeling his hand rest gently on my back as he trailed it up and down slowly.

"Just breathe, chickadee. You're all worked up," he spoke quietly.

"I'm sorry for snapping," I mumbled.

John gently pulled me upright, leaning down slightly and kissing my forehead. "It's okay, chickadee. How about we take a break tomorrow, yeah?"

"Yeah.."