- 7 -

Alexander's POV

song writing princesa @hey(y/n)(l/n)
I know I said it on my insta earlier but I wanna say it here. I love @JLaurensofficial, he is the best boy to ever exist hands down. i'm not worthy of his presence every day-

Painter boy @JLaurensofficial
Replying to @hey(y/n)(l/n)
I think I should be the one typing that... i'm not worthy of you, you beautiful girl💕

Despite the tweets being fairly recent, there were already hundreds of likes and replies on both. Fans were freaking out in the comments and it was honestly quite interesting to see.

Out of boredom, I decided to scroll down. I wanted to see what (Y/N) had posted over the years that I might've forgotten.

After scrolling for a few minutes, one caught my eye.

song writing princesa @hey(y/n)(l/n)
the one time I was trying to be hardcore musically productive I was suddenly swept away to watch disney with my boys. I love them and all but why do they do this to me and not @the.man.is.nonstop? sorry alex love you

It was from about a year ago, and the more I looked at it, the more I remembered that night. (Y/N) had just recently gotten her record deal and was stoked. She claimed she wanted to start getting more songs out for her audience so for a while, she kept herself in her room.

She had made a point though. We did it for her, but it never happened to me. Why, I didn't know, but it didn't really matter.

hey(y/n)(l/n) retweeted:
Painter boy @JLaurensofficial
when you get super close to finishing a (good) painting but then your (still lovable) bf creates an accident. @hey(y/n)(l/n) do I finally understand how you feel with your music?

I remembered that too. I had been a bit of a klutz and partially ruined a painting John had been working hard on. Luckily, he didn't get extremely upset.

I was about to continue my scrolling when Herc walked into my room. "Hey babe."

"Hm?"

"Just wanted to check in. Also, Laf insists in thinking that (Y/N) and John are at Central Park right now.. I'm pretty sure he wants to go see."

~

"For once, I didn't initiate this," I muttered as we walked down one of the paths.

"Yeah... I mean.. Laf, I get you want to see them, but on their anniversary? Is this the best idea?"

Laf shrugged. "Oui, non, je ne sais pas. It's like Alex said though, this might give us a better chance at the spring fair."

"It only increases our chances if we talk to them," Herc mumbled in reply, "and that's clearly worked out well."

I rubbed Herc's shoulder a bit... well.. at least as well as I could due to height differences. "Don't worry, love. We'll get them."

I was about to say something else, but stopped when I heard music in the distance.

"Well, I just saw Halley's comet, she waved. Said 'why you always running in place?'
Even the man in the moon disappeared, somewhere in the stratosphere."

I knew the song immediately. (Y/N) used to play 'Second Chance' all the time on her guitar. I had vivid memories of it.

Motioning for Laf and Herc to follow me, I continued up the path at a quicker pace. As we walked next to a small field, that's when I spotted them.

"I'm not angry, I'm just saying... Sometimes goodbye is a second chance."

That line kinda reminded me of what all of us used to be. We said goodbye to (Y/N) and John, but would that lead to a second chance?

Looking at the field, they seemed to be dancing around. I knew (Y/N) had some dance experience due to some of her music videos, but I didn't know about John.

We watched on in silence, listening to the song as well. The lyrics just seemed to continue sinking in.

"Here is my chance.
This is my chance."

At those lines, the pair started laughing as (Y/N) managed to jump up, her legs looping around John's waist. John kept her up, twirling her around a bit.

When the chorus came back on, he set her down, and even from a distance I heard her singing the words. The vivid memories I had thought of were now swimming in my head.

"Sometimes goodbye is a second chance.
Sometimes goodbye is a second chance.
Sometimes goodbye is a second chance."

As the song faded, I looked at John's hands placed on (Y/N)'s waist. Only then did I realize he had cut his hair.

I turned to Herc and Laf, quietly pointing it out. They both seemed surprised too.

I turned back to John and (Y/N), watching him gently pick her up. I couldn't help but notice how easily he supported her.

Maybe... they are better off...

No... we've lost them once, we can't lose them again.

I could tell my mind was just trying to taunt me by picking out all the little things. How easily John held (Y/N). How they smiled at each other every time their eyes met. How (Y/N)'s arms wrapped around him in a hug was a normal, every day thing.

John twirled her around a bit more, and while doing that he got closer to us. They still didn't know we were there but I could now hear them more clearly.

"Did you have fun?" John asked (Y/N) after a moment, still holding her.

(Y/N) nodded, resting her hands on his chest. "I did. Thank you for the wonderful evening, príncipe."

"Thank you for being mine, princesa," John responded.

I heard (Y/N) giggle, and it was silent between them. After a moment of gazing at each other, John placed his lips on hers.

At that, I sighed, looking hopelessly at my boyfriends. "How are we going to get that back to us?"

"Because you, Alexander Hamilton, are a genius. We'll earn their love back in no time," Herc answered.

With that, I felt more confident. After the spring festival, we'd have them back. I just had a feeling.