~Chapter 6~

Hello to all boyxboy lovers! I want to thank all the people that Voted, Fanned and Commented. It means a lot and it makes me update faster *Wink wink nudge nudge* So ignore my banter and get to reading!

~Chapter six~

Kent’s POV

Cable, October’s big, dumb, ginger friend takes me by surprise and pushes me into a supply closet. Stumbling backwards I hear the click of the door being locked. What the hell? Getting on my feet I jiggle the door handle and when that proves fruitless I punch the door.

“Tober you crazy bitch tell your meat head buddy to let me out!” I yell while banging on the heavy metal door. Her laugh is muffled but it’s obviously her evil chuckle.

“No can do brother. I’ll get you out during lunch. Have fun you two!” She sing-song’s before I can make out the sound of footsteps walking away. Why the hell did she lock me in a closet!? Wait did she say ‘you two’? Slowly I turn and in the faint glow of the dingy overhead light I see a scowling Blu.

I am so going to kill my sister when I get out of here.

“Hi Blu,” I say awkwardly rubbing the back of my neck. He just stands there an angry look on his adorable face and his arms crossed along his slender frame. Shit, I really hate teenage werewolf hormones.

“Ok look, I’m sorry for running off after…well you know.” I trail off avoiding eye contact. And it’s true, I am sorry for just leaving him like that. Of course that’s not to say I wouldn’t do it again, I needed some time and space to think about what transpired. If you thought that you were straight your whole life, and then one day you find yourself in a heated make out session with a guy I think you would need a little time by yourself to think too.

Blu cocks his head to the side with a mock confused look.

“No Kent I don’t believe I do know.” He says innocently a hint of anger in his voice. Great he’s going to make me say it. I sigh and bow my head.

“Blu I’m sorry for running off after we…kissed. I just needed to think, I mean before I met you I thought I was straight.” It’s hard to admit but I get the words out. From across the small space Blu snorts but his face softens and he uncrosses his arms.

“I understand that.” He says then pauses. “So what was your conclusion, after you thought about it?” Now his voice is uncertain, shy even, a trait I didn’t know the flamboyant self-assured teen had. Despite my awkwardness towards the conversation I force myself to look in Blu’s icy blue eyes while I answer.

“I came to the conclusion that I would like to get to know you better. Blu, will you go on a date with me?” I ask a major blush crawling from my neck and flooding my face. Holding my breath I wait for Blu’s answer. Crap he is so going to laugh in my face. There is no way he’s going to say yes. A coy smile creeps onto Blu’s delicious lips and I swallow loudly.

“Sure Kent I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.” He answers and I let out a sigh.

“Cool,” I breathe like a brainless idiot.

“Cool,” Blu laughs with a grin that I know mirrors my own. We just stand there for a moment, looking at each other, smiling like fools.

“So how about Friday after school? I’ll pick you up after last bell.” My voice is giddy and I don’t even take the time to try to play it cool. I’ll blame the whole mate connection thing for my lovey-dovey attitude. Yup, definitely the mate thing.

“What will this date consist of?” he asks raising an eyebrow and I’m sure I’m still blushing. Damn you blushing!

“That is a surprise, you’ll just have to wait and see on Friday.” I smirk at Blu’s cute little annoyed look he shoots at me.