Chapter #24 Seraphina

Começar do início

        I clenched my teeth, but didn't say anything. It's not as if I would let the presence know he was getting to me.

"I found you," I told whatever was in front of me with a gruff voice. "Now, tell me how to get out."

"Ha!" It mocked me, "you think its that easy? You should know this."

            I felt a warm breath close to my ear, and a whisper with it. Soft and delicate, but for as much as it was smooth, it sounded lethal.

             "Everything comes with a price."

             I took a step back unconsciously, I had heard those words before, and they triggered unwanted memories.

          "Well," the voice softened, "I might as well let you wake up. I've already told you what I wanted to tell you."

            "W-what?" I began to question, but didn't get to finish. A big black hole swallowed me up, and I could no longer see the shadows nor the light that had illuminated the room earlier.

           It swirled faster and faster, and although I couldn't see anything, I could feel myself spinning faster and faster.

             Faster.

             And faster.

             And...

            "Ah!" I sat up, panting. Sweat dripped down the lower part of my neck.

            The room was silent, and I looked over to the clock on my drawer. It was still early, way too early to be awake. But after what happened what happened yesterday, I would probably need to head to school early today.

           "S-seraphina?" I tired voice came from the hallway. "Are you okay?"

           I slowly stood up, "yeah, I'm fine. Why do you ask Elaine?"

            The blue haired girl entered my room, and yawned. "You screamed, so I came over to check on you."

            My eyes widened, "I screamed?!" Was it when I was having that odd dream? I put my head in my hands, this is so embarrassing...

            "Yeah, you did." I could hear the worry in Elaine voice. She wasn't used to seeing me when I was vulnerable.

            "Just a nightmare," I told her soothingly, "nothing to worry about."

             She nodded, but I could tell that she wasn't convinced. She rubbed her eyes, and groaned. "It's four in the morning, so unless you plan on going to school extra early, I would suggest you go to bed."

         I shrugged, "and what if I am?"

           She sighed, "well, if you decide to go this early, then I think there must be something wrong with you. How can you not appreciate sleep like a normal person?!"

          "Don't ask me."

            She pouted, and walked over to the door. "Well anyway, I'm going back to bed for about another hour. Have fun." The last part held a bit of sarcasm.

          I nodded, "oh I will."

            With that, I sat up and put on my extra uniform I had in case I lost my other one.

          In no time, I was dressed up, ponytail intact, and textbooks in hand.

           "I hope that tomorrow, "I growled, "I actually get a good nights sleep."

          Walking to school wasn't as hard as I thought, at least with my injures. A little limp on my right leg on the lower calf, and that was it.

         When I arrived to the infirmary, I marched in, ignoring the fact that it was way too early for anyone to be in there. At most, the headmaster was in the school.

        "Okay," I muttered to myself, "after healing these annoying injuries, I can go back to my normal routing tomorrow."

         'And what about the blonde haired boy?' A small voice at the back of my voice whispered.

         I turned my head, "he doesn't matter, he wont disrupt anything I do." I cracked my knuckles menacingly, "unless he wants a beat down."

          I walked toward the bed, and flopped down. Maybe I could get some more rest...

          The dream I had earlier flashed in my mind. Okay, I decided, I'm not going to sleep today.

         I heard the sound of a door creaking, and the bushy blue haired man known as 'Doc' stepped into the room. He glowered in my direction, but it soon turned to a glare when he realized it was me.

           "Good morning Doc." I cheerfully smiled.

            He glanced at my direction, and gave me a look that said, 'don't even try.'

             My smile faltered. Well, lets just hope he will heal me...

              He marched around his office angrily, and began clicking on his computer.  He definitely wasn't doing anything for me.

            I sighed, "Doc, are you still angry about yesterday?"

            He didn't even look at me, but I could tell that he was scowling. "Well what do you think?"

             Well, that was the wrong question...

              "Doc," I mumbled softly, "your still going to heal me, right?"

                This time, he looked up. "Of course I will."

                 My face lit up, he will! Besides, he sounded so sincere, does he care about me...

               "But," he interrupted my thoughts, "its only because I get a higher salary for the more tonics I give the students." He gave me a thumbs up, "so keep getting hurt and coming here in the morning, okay?"

     My jaw dropped, wow, I feel so loved.

         "But Doc," I narrowed my eyes, "you always got angry when I showed up every morning, how come you tell me you actually want me to come?"

           He shrugged, "I usually get angry when I'm having a bad day."

            "Okay," I whispered, "So your practically telling me that everyday is a bad day?"

          He nodded, but then put his finger to his chin. "Yes, but today I was feeling rather happy, so nice for a change... although my mood decreased."

         "And why did you mood decrease?"

           He glared at me, "because you were here."

           His tapping as his fingers hit the keyboard were the only sound audible as I glared at him from across the room.

            'Well that's a great start to my day...'