MysticMe: V/Jihyun -Valentine's Day-

Art by Norisami at Zerochan.net

I believe that it has been deemed fanon that V (or Jihyun here) is a cinnamon roll.

Valentine's Day was ages ago, but better late than never :)

Your best friends shall be MC One and MC Two named Elisa and Ivan just for convenience sake.

...

"Is he looking at our direction?" I whisper, pretending to appear casual as I paint slow strokes on my canvas.

Ivan peeks over his own canvas towards the open window. "No, just in yours."

I turn my head and spot a blue-haired boy watching me carefully from outside. When I meet his ocean gaze, he stiffens and instantly turns away.
I drop my paintbrush and grab a piece of paper lying on a table only to shove it into my bag. Did he see it?

He walks away in a hurry, leaving the hallway empty. I turn back to my canvas- unable to keep warmth from rising from my neck and up to my cheeks.

"What's the big deal?" Ivan asks, eyes still on his own work.

"It's noth-"

"Y/n likes Jihyun Kim~" Elisa announces in a sing-song tone of voice.

"Shh!" I snap in panic. "Someone might hear you!" I scan the room for anyone who had heard her, but besides the three of us, the whole class had already left.

"Isn't Jihyun a sophomore?" Ivan points out.

"Yeah, but Y/n likes younger men," Elisa teases, completely abandoning her work just to terrorize me.

"Elisa," I hiss. "If you don't shut up, I'll cut you."

To be frank, it is rather strange for me to take interest to anyone- and a sophomore of all people. I've always insisted on focusing on my studies in my senior year, but just the sight of him changes my views and sets my heart racing.

"She's even planning to give him some chocolate for Valentine's Day tomorrow." She rambles on.

Before I could die in a blushing mess, Ivan flicks Elisa's forehead. "You're way into her business. You weren't nearly as excited when we got together."

"Why don't we have a date tomorrow?" Elisa suggests smoothly.

I grumble internally, covering my face with my palms. The disadvantages of a third-wheeler.

...

Valentine's Day

"Alright, Elisa." I remind her, "Remember our plan."

"I'll stay by door and keep a look out for Jihyun while you illegaly stuff your chocolate gift into his locker." She responds with little enthusiasm.

"And?"

"If he's close by, I'll squawk like a crow as a signal ."

"What? No!" I retort. "Just call my name."

We walk towards the school lockers. I grip the box in my hands as I break into cold sweat. A scribbled note with a 'Happy Valentine's Day' with my initials sticks on the box.

"Why can't you just give it to him yourself?" Elisa pipes up. "You'll only have- what- 30 seconds to sneak that in."

Before I'd be forced to respond to a question I lacked the answer to, the bell rings signalling the five minutes before classes end.