MysticMe: V/Jihyun -Valentine's Day-

Začít od začátku

"Quickly!" I say, bolting into a sprint- more than eager to escape her. When we arrive, I make a beeline for Jihyun's locker. I instantly panic when I instantly see the small lock on his locker.

I groan, making a face-palm. I didn't think ahead of this! Of course he'd put a lock on his own locker. I touch the numbers on the lock. I don't have the code! I try pulling on it, hoping maybe it could break.

"What are you doing?" A monotone voice emits from behind me.

I squeak in shock, almost dropping the chocolate box, instantly hide it behind my back. "J-jumin?"

I whip my head towards Elisa, who was currently distracted and talking with Ivan who seemed to have arrived too. "Wait, wait. Does that mean Jihyun's here-"

"No, he went straight to the canteen after class," he folds his arms as he inspects me. I fidget under his gaze. For someone younger than me, he has an awfully mature and stoic vibe to him. He says bluntly, "Zero-nine-zero-nine."

"Pardon me?"

"It's just a guess, his security has been awfully light, I've been suggesting that he use a more secure lock, but he hasn't taken my advice yet."

He gestures to the lock before leaving without glancing back. I watch him, feeling dumbfounded.

"Th-thanks," I stammer right before he leaves, confused as to why he'd trust me. I run my thumb over the numbers on the lock until I form 0-9-0-9. It clicks to my surprise.

Something else that catches me off guard were the littered contents inside- photographs and photographs of places, animals and even people. No- wait, they're drawings! My eyes widen at one finely detailed work on the top of the pile- the familiar sight of the school compound. It's like the perfect imitation of the school I know and see everyday, whilst it seemed to carry a youthful passion and interest.

The puzzles pieces begin to form itself in my mind. Now, I understand why he frequents the art room so much, observing the class with an incentive I couldn't have guessed. As the son of the owner of a prestigous arts business, of course Jihyun would be interested too. I freeze up when I arrive to a devastating realisation.

He didn't like me, he's just interested in my artworks.

Slam!

I jolt back when a hand shoves the open locker closed. I turn to meet the azure gaze of- "Jihyun?"

A dark shadow falls over his gentle features. I instantly decide that it was the most terrifying way of getting angry.

"I-it's not what you think." I begin hurriedly. "Did you draw those yourse-"

"Mind your own business," he retorts. His voice was not ferocious but its soft tone makes me feel even worse. He turns his back at me as he leaves.

"Wait, Jihyun," I say. Something clicks as I understand. He must have felt insecure about his works. I have to fix this. I reach out for his arm.

Jihyun avoids me before I could get to him. He darts away, but before he could leave for the corner, Ivan calls out.

"Jihyun," Ivan says, hands in his pockets and clearly not sensing the tension. "Acknowledge your senior."

Jihyun stills. A whole torturous second passes and he turn back to me slowly. He bows his head and then meets my eyes. My blood chills at the dull orbs of his eyes used to be so bright. He mumbles, "Please excuse me, senior."

He bolts out a second later.

I stand there in shock as Elisa dart towards me- face in distress. "Y/n, I'm so so sorry."