17. Birth in Trinity

“Giving birth should be your greatest achievement, not your greatest fear.”~Jane Weideman

”~Jane Weideman

"Okay Mrs. Nelson just breathe..." The EMT worker says as we are rush to the hospital.

Prince is getting patched up and he is by my side as I scream bloody murder.

"Hold my hand..." I ask him and he holds it with his good hand as I squeeze it tight.

"It's okay Bambi you can do this..." He assures me and I cry nodding my head.

"Okay what'd we got?" A nurse says.

"A pregnant mother about 38 weeks along and a gun shot wounded father, as well as a shot intruder..." The EMT worker says.

"Okay get the intruder to OR, get this woman to a birthing room as well and take the father to see if the wound is sustaining or if there's an infection that needs to be treated..." The nurse says.

"NO!!! I won't have this baby without my husband I need him...Prince!!!" I call out to him as I feel his hand on mine.

"I'm here Bambi and I am not going to leave you alone. Look I am fine can we focus on my wife she is in pain come on..." Prince says as he follows us to the delivery room and a team of nurses and doctors join in.

"Okay father to be we need you to get you scrub up...We will look at the wound before you leave here though..." The nurse says.

"I'll be right back okay baby..." He says kissing my forehead as I scream and cry out.

"Aowww...Ahhh..." I holler in pain as the doctor puts the sonogram machine on me.

"Oh dear we need to schedule a emergency Cesarean surgery now..." The doctor says as Prince comes back.

"What's wrong?" We both say worried as I wanted a natural birth.

"Did you two know anything about your baby?" He asked.

"No we wanted everything to be a surprise..." I say.

"Well this is a surprise...Ma'am you're having triplets and the way that one is breach you can't push them out..." The doctor says. They prep me for an epidural that I swear was very hard for me. I have to sit still although the contractions were killing me.

As I lay on the delivery table I see Prince next to me and he is praying while kissing my hand and I smile a bit as this is the day. This is the true day he spoke of when he said I would want him. I want him with me forever if I could get it.

My due date was to be in early May and here we are late April and I can't believe it and three babies at that how was we ever going to handle that....

"The first one is out and it's a girl..." He says and I smile.

"We have a baby girl..." Prince's smile warms my heart.

"Okay the second one is...A girl..." The doctor says and wow two baby girls this is a bit overwhelming.