14. Darkness Looms The Corner

"Don't Play His Game...Play Yours..."~ Rachel Caine

We returned to Minnesota and I started to work on my book. I haven't titled it yet but I drew from my experiences with Prince and our conversations.

I stayed typing away at my laptop for days on end and I could see he was missing our interactions. But he let me work as he had work himself.

I was able to get a good first rough draft and was going over it to work on my second draft. This book may just do better than my first book. It's only took me two weeks since New York to type it up.

"Bambi we are low on food I'm going to the store. I'll be back okay?" He yells to me from the kitchen as I was typing away in the livingroom.

"Uh huh..." I say I was still writing away, he kiss3 my forehead goodbye. After he left I was still typing away until the phone started to ring. He never had any rules about the phone so I decided to answer.

"Hello?" Not reading any caller I.D or anything.

"Aurelia!!! Oh my gosh I found you look I am in Minnesota. We are actually Chanhassen to be specific me and Detective Tompkins are here to save you..." Ronnie says.

"Ronnie Detective Tompkins is not to be trusted he is the reason I got abducted again..." I say as I am shocked Ronnie is here.

"No that wasn't him that was the desk officer in the front, Detective Tompkins is actually working with the FBI on this Prince has been wanted for years but all his victims never live to be of asset to the police..." Ronnie says as my eyes widen...

His victims?....Oh lawd it's not just me and Patrice it's more. He had victimized more woman. No not the man I have come to know.

"Oh my god Ronnie what am I going to do? I can't leave him besides Ronnie I think he has change. We have been talking things through and-" I try to explain as she interjects.

"We are going to come get you honey. He did not change that is him messing with your head Rel. We will be right in the woods just a few feet from his compound. You gotta grab whatever you can and make a run for it Aurelia and run fast..." She says and I nod before I grab my laptop.

Running down the cellar I decide instead of going out through the front door. I will go through the cellar and out back. So the cameras or security won't see me at that front gate.

Running past the forbidden door curiosity struck me. Maybe there was a weapon in there I can use it if need be to protect myself. Picking the lock I learned to do this as I spent time here. I open the door and my eyes widen.

It was a shrine dedicated to Patrice. A painting of her was there with a elaborate plan on how to abduct her and everything. He had plans to do what he did to me to Patrice. I walked further into the room and saw medical folders. Next to that was a mummified woman's body.

Oh my god....He killed her because she didn't want him...There are letters and flowers in the room. They were fresh flowers as he must still come in here.

Backing up out of the room I run out the back cellar door and towards the woods. He didn't love me I was a replacement for what he killed and I don't think I ever felt more heartbroken......

 He didn't love me I was a replacement for what he killed and I don't think I ever felt more heartbroken