3. Day One Of Hell

"I fear not the dark itself, but what may lurk within it."~Unknown

I lie awake in the chained bed trying to process how I got here...

Who the hell is this Prince guy and why did he want to abduct me.

I wasn't rich and barely famous writer but yet it was creepy how he seem to know me.

Thinking back I did have fan mail and one crazy fan mail in particular:

"Well you are doing so good with your book that you got fan mail and tons of it came with presents...." Ronnie my manager/publisher says dumping two bags in my living room.

"Damn Ronnie this is a lot can't we hire someone to read all of this?"

"No because it's not in the budget but don't worry just read them as you can okay..." She says her heels clicking away as she closes my door behind her.

Sighing I pick up the first letter from this person called Purple Master:

Dear Aurelia,

Your new book has inspired me so much. It let me know I am loved even if the person I love the most don't love me back. I just want to say you're a inspiration to all. As a thank you for your hard work here's a locket that I was going to give to my lover but now it's yours seeing I don't need it...

Sincerely, The Purple Master....

The letter seem a bit nice and charming and the locket a sterling silver engraved locket that I felt was too much for me to accept.

It had no pictures in there and there was no return address so I just decided to put fans letters with gifts aside

I write because I love it not to receive gifts although beautiful.

Picking up the next one:

Dear Aurelia,

Hi it's the purple master again and I was rereading chapter 10 of your book where you talk about resentment is sometimes a cold you can't shake and I was wondering is it okay to still hold resentment after it's been 3 months? I want to move forward with someone but not with my baggage...You're so easy to talk to and listening to my problems here's another gift as a token of my appreciation....

Sincerely, The Purple Master....

This time it was a 18k gold diamond tennis bracelet the cool metal was so delicate in my fingers I was really flattered but I couldn't accept this either.