I on the other hand, after my mom's passing, spent a lot of time alone just thinking in my room.

With that, I was able to think for myself more. I spent countless nights thinking about my future, and where or what I wanted to be.

I got to focus on myself.

After recalling all the memories of my mother, I realized what I wanted in life.

I wanted to be like her.

I want to always have a smile on my face and put others before myself just like she did.

One day, deciding to make that change, I contacted some of the ladies that mom used to know who worked at the children's hospital.

I got the chance to help so many kids who were struggling and put smiles on their faces.

In fact, I still do. Although it brings in some money, it was never about that.

"Honey, are you heading to bed? I know you have school tomorrow..." my dad knocks three times before opening my bedroom door, while instantly smiling at the finished collection of chapsticks.

"Oh you finally finished! I thought I'd be a grandpa before the time you finished." He jokes, walking over to where I was sitting and ruffling the hair on top of my head.

"What do you mean by grandpa? I don't know what alternate reality you are living in but..." I laugh as he nudges my shoulder.

"That's right, they would have to get through me before even thinking about laying a finger on you."

"Just because you are the boxing coach, it doesn't make you seem more intimidating."

"That's what they all say sweet child, that's what they all say." He grins, while I just roll my eyes, staring at all the chapsticks again.

Gosh, I don't even know how much I collected, but there were definitely way too much to count.

"The set up reminds me so much of how your mother used to do it." He says, looking up at the picture And smiling, while I do the same.

"When I tell some of the kids at the children's hospital that I collect chapstick because it reminds me of someone, they think I'm insane." I grin, while dad laughs at me.

"Well, I wouldn't blame them. The first time I went over your mothers' parents house for a dinner, I was actually kinda scared of all the chapsticks she had."

"Did you think she was insane?" I laugh at him as he nods his head.

"No doubt, but I guess everyone is insane in their own... special way." He draws out, making me laugh at him again.

"That, I can agree with."

"I know, I'm just wise like that."

"That's what oldness does to you, makes you wise-..."

"I'm not old!"

"Mhhhhhm."

"I'm not."

"Sorry, the grey hair was telling me other wise."

"You know, I hope someone makes fun of you when you are old and wrinkly."

"Like you?"

"Shhhhh anyways!! I don't want to keep you up any longer, it's past your bedtime." He says, patting my shoulder.

"Dad, I'm sixteen turning seventeen this year, do I seriously need a bedtime." I jokingly whine.

"What's wrong with getting a healthy amount of sleep according to the ever so magnificent google search bar." He says over his shoulder, walking out of my bedroom.

"Everything, just everything."

Hey guys!

Welcome back to a new book!

So sit back, relax, and enjoy how I will put you through a rollercoaster of emotions again while I sit back and laugh...

I mean...

No wait, I mean what I said.

Oops, I did it again...

I played with your heart...

I love you guys!!

Thank you for somehow sticking with me and loving my books.

You have no idea the impact it leaves on me.

So, thank you!!!!

Oh! And please remember, I do take covers and place them throughout the chapters of my story while giving you a nice shoutout :)

But like, I want it to be something that makes you instantly think of this story.

And maybe, even, if the cover is really really really good and I just fall in love with it, you may see it on the actual cover of this book :D

~juls