Forty Three.

INFERNO
CHAPTER FORTY THREE
NORTH CAROLINA,
December 1rst, 1993

I sat in the car beside Garfield who was humming and tapping the steering wheel. I thought he would call my brother but I see that wasn't an idea.

"You don't know how hellish it was without you here.I really missed you Ni' ." He commented looking at me and I nodded and gave him a weak smile. While he sat here talking about how much he missed me. I already felt homesick . I really missed New Jersey, I had became accustomed to 6-7 dogs running around. Even though I missed Joelle...I was sick of North Carolina I guess.

"So how was New Jersey?" I turned to him and I couldn't tell him the truth. His nutty ass would kill both of us in the car.

"It was eventful...I loved it actually. Besides being with my friends it was just a nice place to see." He nodded and kept his attention on the road.

"I been thinking of everything and you know...I apologize for everything. I've said some pretty hurtful shit, I was just insecure that while you was there you'd fall back for Donald an-and if it isn't clear enough. I love you a lot." I nodded and looked at the note in my right pocket.

"And I shouldn't of threatened to take Joelle away from you. Cause my dumbass couldn't do enough of what you do for her. I just want to settle that Dalvin and DeVante shit now so we can move on." I nodded still ignoring him. I don't know where this nice Garfield came from or what the fuck happened when I was gone but I'm not with this shit at all. He turned to me and gave me a wide smile. Gap and all.

Finally we returned to my childhood home and I quickly seen the door opened and Joelle as well Romeo stood there.

"My babies!" I jumped out of Garfield's truck and quickly ran and picked up the two children. Joelle teeth was coming in which means I could give her different type of foods, Romeo was still trying to make words. Hopefully he doesn't call me Mama again.

I don't want Jackie all up my ass about that.

"You're back?" I nodded at John-John who gave me a hug. Quickly Aaliyah stepped out from behind him, who glowed from her pregnancy.

"Oh sweetheart, look at you. Glowing like a glow stick." She smiled and I gave her a slight hug.

"You look well..." I turned around to Jackie and we engaged into a hug. She looked well...complimenting me. Her skin was glowing, she was smiling. I was proud of her really.

"I look well? Look at you! Oh my god." She smiled and turned me around.

"You look a little thicker in the thighs and the butt area. What you been doing?" Everyone looked at me especially Garfield and I cleared my throat.

"Well since I was in a closed environment, I walked a lot and exercised. Some squats, I been skinny minny for too long." I commented and everyone chuckled except Garfield who was looking at me. I gazed at him back.

"Uh, Garfield can you get my bags? I wanted to stay with Jackie for the night." I commented and he looked at him with his head tilted and she nodded catching on to me. While he walked out the door. I picked my baby up.

"Oh, how I missed you? Did you miss me?" I questioned and she smiled with her missing teeth and reconnected her arms around my neck. My baby girl.