Not the Only Hiccup in Town Part Two

Dang, I haven't updated this in a long while. But I've finally gotten it worked on!

And to that request I got, I'm working on it. I swear. It will be up quicker then this one was, I can promise you that.

Odibear was kind enough to edit this.m

Disclaimer - I don't own any of the characters, and you of course belong to yourself.

I don't need to put another key right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your POV

You yawned as your eyes fluttered open. You looked out the window, and saw that you had a few minutes before you needed to be at the dragon arena.

"Oh I wish time would go faster." You sighed.

You really only wanted to see Hiccup again. No one had made you feel like that in a long time, but you liked it.

You got dressed in a (f/c) long sleeve dress, with black leggings, and fur boots. You put your hair up in a braid, and smiled. You looked good.

You walked downstairs, saying hi to your grandmothers dragon on the way.

"Good morning, (y/n). Sleep well?" A voice suddenly could be heard.

You jump, and turn around. You see your grandmother standing there, stirring something in a pot.

"Oh, good morning. I slept very well, thank you for asking." You told her.

"That's great. Do you want breakfast?" She asked.

"Oh, actually, Hiccup wanted me to come to the dragon arena to help." You said, playing with your sleeves of your dress which were a little too long.

"Oh made a friend have you? That's wonderful. Say hello to him for me." She said, walking back into the kitchen.

"Sure thing grandma." You smile, walking out of the house.

You walk to the dragon arena, to see Hiccup already there, writing something down.

"Hiccup?" You ask hesitantly.

He looks up, and smiles, "(y/n), I didn't see you there."

You smile back at him, "Am I late? How long have you been here?"

"Your not late, your actually right on time. I've been here since early this morning, but don't worry. I like to spend my mornings here." He explained.

You sigh in relief, to which Hiccup chuckles a bit at.

"So, what can I start with?" You ask, eager to start helping.

"Well, before you do anything, you need to learn how to earn a dragons trust." He said.

You nodded, "how do I do that?"

"First, talk to it a little, then, if that doesn't work, try giving it a name. It will probably calm down a little after that. Then talk to it again, and slowly reach your arm out. It should press it's snout against your palm." He explained.

"Sounds easy enough." You say, smiling.

"Think your ready to try it out?" He asked.

The nervous feeling in your stomach returns, and you swallow.

"Right now?" You ask.

"Yeah. It's easy, trust me." He says.

Your still nervous, but nods anyway. He goes over to a cage, and places his hand on the lever.