They're wrong

Hey guys! Sorry it took so long! Being that my summer vacations almost up, my parents have gotten me stressed over school. And I just got some distressing news, that I'll be forced to have summer school next summer because my school doesn't have enough room in a required class of mine, and this is the last year they offer it. So, yeah, I'm not happy.

Anyways, sorry for that rant, I just had to get it off my chest.

This was a request from @SageBaxter

Disclaimer, I don't own anything
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your POV

"Come on, (D/n)! Slow down!"

You were running to catch up to your dragon, a (D/t), who had decided to go for a free run. He/she was a grown dragon, yet one of the most hyper ones you had seen.

You finally caught up to he/her, and stopped her from running any further. Once he/she was calmed down, you leaned against your knees, catching your breath.

"Geez, (d/n)...couldn't you have cut me some slack? You know I can't run as fast as you." You say in between pants.

(D/n) purrs, and nuzzles your face gently as an apology, making you smile.

"Alright, fine. I forgive you." You say, Petting him/her.

"Ha! Even her dragon wants to get away from her!"

You tense as the familiar voice of Snotlout rings through the air, followed by the sound of the gangs laughter.

(D/n) growls, getting in front of you as you turn to face the group.

"She was just going for a run." You say calmly, keeping your face emotionless.

Tuffnut tilts his head, "Isn't 'run' the term for trying to get away from something? Cause if not, I've been lied to."

Astrid rolls her eyes, turning to face you again, "No one here likes you,
(Y/n)."

Her words stung, but you knew better then to let it show on your face.

"So I've been told." You shrug.

"Then why don't you just leave berk? Seriously, no one wants you here." Snotlout pipes up.

You glance over at him, and astrid takes that moment to motion stomfly to shoot a few barbs at your feet.

You jump back, letting out a yelp as you fall backwards.

The groups laughs, before flying away. (D/n) walks over to you, whimpering worriedly.

You sigh, petting him/her, "It's alright, (d/n), I'm okay." You say sadly.

(D/n) looks at you sadly before nuzzling your face, hoping to help. You smile faintly, knowing at least he/she cared.

"(Y/n)? Are you alright?" A new voice asks.

You jump at the new voice, and turn to see Hiccup standing there with toothless by his side.

(D/n) smiles, and rushes to greet toothless, while Hiccup reached down to help you up.

"Are you alright?" He asks again.

You nod, knowing he was only asking because he was one of the many Vikings who only talked to you because they pitied you.

"Of course. (D/n) just got a bit excited, and knocked me down." You lie, forcing a fake smile on your face.

He gives you a look, "Really?" He asks, to which you nod again in response.

You could tell he was still curious, but he seemed to let it go for the moment.

"Well, what are you doing out here?" He asks, changing the subject.