For Forever

Yes, I am alive.
And yes, this is the song from Dear Even Hansen. (The soundtrack is just so good)

So, this is probably the longest oneshot I have ever wrote, but I'm proud of it.

And if this seems confusing, just know that this was written from 1-4am, so that might explain it XD

Fyi, I don't own anything except my writing.

Also, not sure if I need to put this here or not but I'm going to put a Trigger warning here anyway, cause this is a pretty intense song.

Normal - present
Italics - Past
Bold/Italics - Song lyrics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/n) walked through the woods, her hands stuffed into her pockets. She glanced up at the sky, seeing how the trees reached up, seemingly touching the space above her.

End of May or early June, this picture perfect afternoon we shared.

(Y/n) sighed as she looked back down at the path ahead of her. She kicked a rock, thinking of how just two days ago, she ran down this path with her best friend.

"Hurry up, (Y/n)!" Hiccup laughed as he ran, glancing over his shoulder at her.

"I'm going as fast as I can!" She laughed as well, smirking up at him as she noticed him look at her.

Driving the winding country rode.

(Y/n) looked up as she reached a lake, the place where Hiccup and her liked to fish for food.

Grab a scoop at 'A La Mode' And then we're there.

Hiccup grinned as he walked past the lake, turning a corner to reveal the cove, a special place between him and (Y/n).

(Y/n) smiled as she looked at Hiccup, before playfully bumping her shoulder against his, and running down.

(Y/n) leaned against a rock as she stared down at the cove. She looked around, taking a deep breath in.

An open field that's framed with trees.

(Y/n) walked down, leaning against a tree, slowly sliding down the base of the tree till she was sat on the ground.

We pick a spot, and shoot the breeze, like buddies do.

Hiccup grinned, taking (Y/n)'s hand, and dragging her over to a tree, sitting down. He smiled, taking out his journal, and sketching the scenery.

(Y/n) smiled as she watched him, and turned to lean against the tree, closing her eyes.

Quoting our favorite songs by our favorite bands, telling jokes no one understands, except us two.

(Y/n) looked away from where she remembered herself sitting, ans looked up at the cove around her.

And we talk, and take in the view.

(Y/n) scooted forward lightly, leaning back on the ground, using her arms as a pillow as she looked up at the sky. She looked over to her side, wishing Hiccup was next to her still.

"What shapes do you see, (y/n)?"

(Y/n) chuckled, "I just see clouds, Hic." She looked at the boy with a kind smile.

All we see is sky for forever. Let the world pass by for forever.

(Y/n) slowly sat up, bringing one knee up to her chest, letting out a quiet sigh. She rested her elbow on her knee, looking back up at the sky.