I never meant to hurt you

And the surprise oneshot is..............

#5 - I never meant to hurt you

I hope you enjoy!

Disclaimer - I don't own anything, you belong to yourself

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I never meant to hurt you."

"That's real funny Astrid. Just leave me alone."

You turn around, looking around for the source of the voices. You see you're best friend walking away from Astrid. You take in each of their expressions, and notice how mad Hiccup looked, and how guilty Astrid looked.

You bite your lip worriedly, and walk over to Astrid quietly, "Astrid, what just happened?" You ask.

She shakes her head, and backs away from you, "Not right now, (y/n). Just not right now." She says, and walks away.

You tilt you head, and walk over towards where you saw Hiccup go. You find him sitting on the shore of the lagoon, and frown as you see his shoulders shaking.

You walk over, and gently place a hand on his shoulder, making his head shoot up.

"(Y/n), what are you doing here?" He asks, glancing up at you, before looking back down.

It was a quick glance, but it was enough for you to see the unshed tears in his eyes, which made you all the more worried. It wasn't like Hiccup to cry, so you knew this fight must've been bad.

You frown, "What happened?" You ask gently, bending down to see his face.

He shakes his head, "Nothing you need to worry about."

You frown, and place your other hand on his other shoulder, "Hiccup...You can tell me, it's okay." You say.

He sighs, and leans his head into his hand, "I caught Astrid cheating on me." He paused, and looked up at the water in the distance, "And the worst part is, I heard her tell him that she loved him."

Hiccup and Astrid had been dating for almost two years. They had been friends ever since the fight with the red death, but you just didn't like her. She had always seemed like a fake to you, and this fight seemed to just confirm your fears.

"I can't believe I ever fell for her." Hiccup's voice snaps you out of your thoughts, and you look back down at him.

You sigh sadly, and rub his back, "It's okay, Hic...she just wasn't for you." You say, leaning your forehead on his shoulder comfortingly.

"(Y/n), I loved her." He let out a choked sob, making you frown.

You continue to rub his back, biting your lip as you thought about your next words.

"Hiccup, I have no doubt that your love was real...but are you sure her's was? " You ask quietly, lifting your head to look at him.

You regretted saying it, but now there was no going back.

He lifts his head as well, looking at you in confusion, "What?" He asks.

You bite your lip, "I mean, she really didn't talk to you all that much until you killed the red death, then suddenly she was all over you. Don't you think that's a little strange?" You ask gently.

He narrows his eyes slightly at you, shaking his head, "No, she loved me too, (Y/n), at one time." He says.

You frown, "Hic, just consider it a possiblity. She might have just loved you because of what you did, not because of who you are." You say.

You knew you must've sounded incredibly harsh saying this, but he deserved to know.

"How could you say that, (y/n)?" Hiccup asks, glaring at you.

You sigh, "I just thought I would try to get you to see how she felt about you all along. It wasn't real, Hiccup." You say, looking at him sadly.

He stands up, "No, you wanna know what isn't real? This friendship!" He exclaims.

Your eyes widen, "What? How could-"

"A real friend would try to help me through this rough time, not tell me my entire relationship was a lie!"

You stand up as well, "I was telling you the truth! Astrid was just like every other girl in Berk!" You say, your voice rising in volume as well, but you try to keep it somewhat calm.

"What is that supposed to mean?" He crosses his arms, looking at you.

"You became the most popular guy in Berk, Hiccup! Every girl would've loved to have the chance to date you!" You exclaim, running out of things to say to convince him.

"Well it was better then when I was a nobody!" He yells, glaring harshly at you, "At least she treated me like I was somebody!"

"Hiccup, tell me honestly, Do you think that she would love you if you were still a nobody?" You ask, crossing your arms.

"Nobody loved me when I was a nobody!" He yelled, glaring at you.

That struck a nerve.

"I did!" You find yourself yelling back at him.

You don't pause to notice the now shocked look that was painted across his face. Instead you glare at him through tear filled eyes.

"I was your friend when you had no one else! I was with you when you defeated the red death! I came to your bedside every day to check up on you while you were in that coma after the fight! I was the one who comforted you after your father died! Why do you think I did all those things, Hiccup?" You yell, ignoring the tears starting to run down your cheeks.

You glare at him harshly, "If you have the nerve to tell me that this friendship isn't real, and that no one loved you before the dragons, then maybe you were right. Maybe I waisted all those years being your friend. Doesn't look like you care that much anyway." You mumble quietly, and turn to walk away.

You pause, and take in a shaky breath, "Have fun with your new friends. Hope they treat you like the magnificant guy you've become." You turn towards him, and bow sarcastically, "Your chiefliness."

With that, you turn back around, and continue to walk away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I did it! I ended a oneshot on a sad note! It had to happen eventually.

So yeah, that was the surprise oneshot, I hope you enjoyed this, and I'll be back soon with another one! Bye guys!