"Camila!" I hear her call behind me but I just walk faster. Without Ally here I feel more vulnerable. I feel a light touch on my arm. I know it is her from the way my skin tingles.

'What!" I shout. She takes a step back and holds out a notebook.

"You dropped this." She tells me. Oh. Relief and disappointment battle inside me.

"Oh thanks." I mumble and grab the notebook from her. Her eyes catch mine and it takes me a few seconds to remember that we are standing on a crowded sidewalk, just staring at one another. She shakes her hair out and pushes it back before she turns and walks away.

Without going back to my room first, I head to my car and drive straight to Ally's. I wasn't going to go until five and it's only three but I can't sit in my room. I really have gone mental since Lauren has came into my life.

When I arrive Karen answers the door with a huge smile and invites me in.

"It's only me here right now, Troy and Ally are at the store fetching a few things for me and Mike is still at work." She tells me and I follow her into the kitchen.

"That's okay, sorry for coming so early."

"Oh, don't be sorry. You can help me cook." She laughs. She hands me a cutting board and a few onions and potatoes to chop and we talk about the weather and the upcoming winter. 

"Did you still want to help me get the greenhouse going? It is climate controlled so we don't have to worry about the winter." She tells me.

"Yes, of course! I would love to."

"Great, maybe tomorrow? Next weekend I will be busy." She laughs. Her wedding. I try to smile back at her.

"Yea, I'd say that" I laugh. I wish I would have been able to get Lauren to agree to go, but it was impossible then and it's even more impossible now. She smiles and puts the chicken into the oven. 

"Is Lauren coming to dinner tonight?" She seems a little nervous when asking.

"No, she won't be coming." I tell her and look down.

"Are you guys okay? I don't mean to be nosy."

"It's okay." I might as well tell her. "I don't think we are okay." 

"Oh, I am sorry to hear that. You two really had something, I thought. But i understand you can't be with someone who is afraid to show their feelings." She says. What?

"What do you mean?"

"Well I don't know Lauren as well as I wish that I did, but I know she is very closed off, emotionally. Mike used to stay awake all night worrying about Lauren. She has always been an unhappy child, she wouldn't even tell her mum she loved her." She says, her eyes glossy.

"What?" I say again.

"She just won't say it, I am not sure why. Mike can't recall a single time when Lauren said she loved either of them. It's truly sad, for Lauren as well." She blots her eyes. For someone who refuses to tell anyone, even her own parents that she loves them, she sure was quick to use the words against me in a hateful way. 

"She is... she's very difficult to understand." Is all I can think of to say.

"Yes, yes she is. I hope you'll still come around if you two don't work things out."

"Of course." I tell her. Ally walks into the kitchen followed by a beautiful man with curly hair. I knew he would be handsome, but he is even more handsome than I imagined.

"Hi, you must be Camila" He smiles and hugs me. I immediately like him.

"I have heard so much about you, it's nice to finally meet you." I tell him and he smiles again. Ally's eyes follow him as he walks past and takes a seat at the counter.