𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

CHAPTER TWENTY | I'LL WED YOU IN THE GOLDEN SUMMERTIME

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ELENA GILBERT WAS FINALLY A HUMAN AGAIN. Just before Lily managed to give Stefan the slip, the doppelgänger had consumed the cure and decided to become a human. The next stop, was for Damon to take the cure out of Elena, though Riley was still unconvinced that Damon had thought this through and so she had asked Stefan to take him on a trip to make him certain that being human would be something that the Salvatore would want.

"Crap," Jo yelled out, which shook Riley from her own thoughts. The bride wandered back and forth in the parlor with a look of considerable panic on her face as she looked between the three girls. "They're not here."

"What's wrong?" Elena's eyes glanced up at Jo and then she looked back down to the glasses she was filling alcoholic drinks.

"My shoes. My gorgeous, expensive, wear-them-once-and-then-never-again shoes. They are missing!"

"Do you want me to do a locator spell on th em?" Bonnie asked the woman while she held the steamer in her hand. Bonnie's job was to steam Jo's dress so that it wasn't creased, though the girl hadn't even started since she couldn't figure out how to turn it on.

The bride furrowed her brows. "On my shoes?"

"I, uh— I don't think that's possible." Riley awkwardly chuckled as she took a glass from Elena's hands and took a sip.

Bonnie shrugged, then began to kick the steamer that wouldn't seem to get the hang of. "Hang on. I gotta figure out how to work this stupid thing."

"Good, break it. Because my wrinkled dress will surely distract everyone from my bare feet." Jo yelled as she watched Bonnie continued to abuse the steamer that was when Riley and Elena pulled the woman away from the chaos of Bonnie Bennett.

"Jo, you need to relax. I mean, there's still time before the wedding. We can fix this." Riley's voice was assuring and Jo began to calm herself down.

The human doppelgänger then stepped forward and held up a glass for Jo. "Nonalcoholic mimosa?"

"One, a nonalcoholic mimosa is just juice and two, I can't drink. Someone should drink." Jo then pushed another glass toward Elena who was clearly very reluctant to start drinking. "You should drink."

"I will drink, eventually. But, I have human tolerance now, which is cheaper but a lot less fun. Cheers." The ex-vampire shrugged and then she, Jo and Riley all clinked their glasses together until Jo's phone began to ring.

"No, relax, remember." The strawberry-blonde witch narrowed her eyes toward Jo and then picked up her phone and placed it up to her ear. "Hello, Jo's phone." As the conversation went on, Jo immediately guessed that from Riley's change of tone and how suddenly her posture stiffened, that it wasn't good news. "Okay, listen. I'll call you back. Okay, thanks." Riley lowered Jo's phone from her ear as the women stared at her intently. "So, um— Danielle's got the flu."