𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER NINETEEN | I'D LEAVE MY HAPPY HOME FOR YOU

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ONCE CAROLINE'S HUMANITY SWITCH HAD BEEN SUCCESSFULLY FLIPPED, SHE SKIPPED TOWN TO GET HER HEAD TOGETHER. She had done a lot of terrible things that she needed to come to terms with so she left before the day before Jo's bachelorette party. Nobody seemed to really hold a grudge against her— they understood.

"An entire diner to ourselves." Jo spoke appreciatively to Riley, Bonnie and Elena as he held a burger in one hand while Riley placed a pink tiara onto her head.

Elena nodded in agreement while she also took a bite of her food. "If Caroline were here we would be planning a spa day." Guilty looks were exchanged as they thought of how daunting it must have been for Caroline.

"But, now she's M.I.A." Bonnie carried on with a mouth full of food.

"I don't blame her, actually. Coming back and realizing everything she had done over the past couple of weeks must have been awful." The strawberry-blonde witch hummed with her eyes fixed on her milkshake in front of her.

"So, we figured we'd just stuff our faces." The Gilbert finally explained to the bride-to-be who smiled back in appreciation once Elena shoved another fry into her mouth.

"You're geniuses."

The Bennett witch glanced toward Jo. The woman was a vegetarian, but the burger clearly wasn't a veggie-burger. "Except, aren't you a vegetarian?"

"Seriously, Bon?" Riley tilted her head and stared at the Bennett witch who sat opposite her.

"I'm just saying, that's not exactly a garden burger."

"The baby is not okay with the no-meat thing." Jo shurgged and then lent forward and picked up her strawberry milkshake. "Besides, it's my party and I'll eat what I want to. I do wish this was vodka though."

"Oh, don't we all." Riley hummed while she fiddled with the straw in her drink. It was obvious her mind was elsewhere, but it was Jo's night and she didn't want to distract from that.

"Hey, I don't wanna know what Ric's doing, do I?" Jo asked the three girls. Their eyes all widened in panic as they tried to come up with a good lie considering Damon was in charge of his bachelor party.

"Probably at the movies."

"Yeah, or mini golf."

The three supernatural teens chuckled. Riley tilted her had to Jo who looked seriously panicked. "Just don't worry, okay?"

"I need ketchup." The pregnant woman placed her empty milkshake down onto the table and headed off to find some sauce.

Bonnie then eyed up both Elena and Riley who were clearly a million miles away. "So, are we gonna talk about it?" The two just stared back with furrowed brows. "I know about the cure."