𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN | I NEVER COULD LOVE LIKE THAT

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

RILEY WAS JOLTED AWAKE BY THE SOUND OF SLAMMING DRAWERS IN THE BEDROOM THAT SHE SHARED WITH DAMON. Her eyes immediately opened and she sat upright in a panic, only to see Damon returning an equally startled look once he realised that he had woken her up. The witch rolled her eyes, groaning softly once she understood that Damon was the reason for all of the noise, rather than something far more sinister.

"Oh. I'm sorry." Damon awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, sliding the drawer shut once more.

"You will be." Riley groggily spoke as she rubbed her eyes and ran her fingers through her hair. She then took a moment and furrowed her brows at the Salvatore's odd behavior. "What are you—what are you doing?"

"Just, uh— trying to find a shirt." He lied swiftly and sent her a small smile and then sniffed the aroma of his Mother's cooking from downstairs.

The strawberry-blonde's nose crinkled at the distinct smell of bacon that wafted up the staircase and into their bedroom. "Oh. God, bacon smells so good in the morning."

"We don't know if it's bacon. It could be some baby she's abducted from a nearby village."

"You do realize that she can hear you, right?" Riley rolled her eyes at his careless demeanor. "Okay, if you don't wanna give her another chance, then at least pretend to like her. She's your Mom."

"No." Damon swiftly shook his head with an unamused look on his face. "She is a tool to get Stefan's humanity back, because there is no doubt that he and Caroline are fangs-deep in bodies right now. So, the sooner we get our supernatural-born killers out of circulation, the better."

"I'm not arguing with you." The girl shook her head as a small chuckle escaped her lips. She jumped out of bed and placed a over sized jumper over her head. "I do agree that she's here to help get Stefan's humanity back, but maybe once that's all over—"

"—Riley, I love you. But, no." Damon stepped forward and grabbed hold of her hand. "Come on, breakfast awaits."

The couple headed down the staircase and walked into the kitchen where they saw Lily had prepared the dining table for breakfast. Riley took a seat next to Damon and eyed up the array of food in front of her. "This looks delicious."

Lily smiled toward the strawberry-blonde. "This was always Damon's favorite. Eggie-in-baskie."

The Salvatore picked up his fork and took a bite of his child-hood favorite, but then just gave his mother a bitter look. "Doesn't taste like I remember."

Riley gave the Salvatore a look while Lily simply just smiled. "Well, you were human the last time you tasted it. Our tastes change over time." The Salvatore mother then turned to her son's girlfriend. "Riley, judging by fact that you helped Bonnie bring me back, I can only assume that you're a witch?"