𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

CHAPTER NINE | CHRISTMAS THROUGH YOUR EYES

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

RILEY AND DAMON WERE IN THE WITCH'S DORM AT WHITMORE WITH A DOZEN SPELL BOOKS SURROUNDING THEM. The couple were trying to find out anything that possibly could on the Ascendant, and how they could get Bonnie back, given that Kai smashed it into nearly a million pieces. Riley licked her finger and went to flip the page, when her eyes fell on Damon, who was asleep with her cheek rested on his text book.

"Hey. Wake up, sleeping beauty." The witch chuckled softly, noticing Damon was asleep all over the textbooks.

"Are you watching me sleep?" Damon groggily lifted his head and turned his eyes toward his girlfriend.

"Nope. I'm watching you drool all over Ric's textbooks. I don't really think he'll appreciate that considering you're trying to hit best-friend status with him, again." Riley shrugged and flipped the page again. "I'm just thankful your drool isn't on any of mine otherwise, I'd turn you inside out."

"I don't drool." He scoffed and wiped the drool from his chin. "What time is it?"

"Time for Ric to get a whole new reference library." The strawberry-blonde huffed and finally pushed the textbook away from herself. "We've been through nearly every single one of the these books and there's nothing about an Ascendant in here."

Damon nodded and pulled out another textbook and set it down in front of him. "Well, we haven't looked hard enough. Let's get to it." Damon's eyes fell down onto the page, though Riley just stared at him in awe considering she had been searching the whole time. "Find anything yet?"

"Yeah, must be hard to keep track of all the information I've found while you've been asleep, huh?" Riley rolled her eyes at him, with a slightly irritated tone. She then took a breath and brushed her hair from her face. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm just stressed out, okay?"

"Riley, we'll get her back. I promise." Damon extended his hand and placed it over hers in a comforting manner. The strawberry-blonde smiled back and then pecked her boyfriend's lips to slightly, until their moment was interrupted by her phone.

"Ric? What's up?" The witch asked with a concerned tone of voice.

"Have you seen Jo?"

"No, why? What's wrong?"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"So, I asked around the hospital." Elena explained to Riley, Damon and Alaric who all had gathered upon the disappearance of Jo. "No ones seen Jo since last night at the ER. A bunch of stab victims came in, and one of them's missing, as well."

"It was Kai." Alaric spoke almost like he knew the psychopath was responsible. "Jo knew he'd come after her, and he did."

"Not to give you boyfriend lessons or anything, but if you knew Jo's wack-job brother was out on the loose and after her, don't you think that keeping an eye on her would have been a smart move?" The Salvatore glared over toward his best friend, who was still clearly annoyed with him.