𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SIXTEEN | A BIRD IN A GILDED CAGE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

SO MUCH HAD HAPPENED IN THE LAST TWENTY-FOUR HOURS. Damon decided that the easiest possible way to get Stefan to flip his humanity back on was to rescue the one woman he loved more than anything— their mother, who just so happened to be in a 1903 Prison World. They were gathered in the living room of the Salvatore housing, wearing wintery attire in preparation for the journey to the Prison World. Riley stood preparing for the spell, whilst Kai's commentary was clearly proving difficult for Bonnie to handle.

"Damn." Kai glanced at the knife the Bennett witch had used to slice through the palm of her hand. "Crocodile Dundee called, he wants his knife back."

"Yeah. You know, he's no longer a thing, and neither is that joke." Bonnie spat back once Damon and Riley entered into the room wearing several layers and wintery coats.

"God, I hate wintery climates." The strawberry-blonde irritably grumbled, as Damon mockingly tossed the hood of her jacket over her head.

"What. You're not coming, too, are you?" Kai groaned out in annoyance as the strawberry-blonde witch crossed her arms over her chest. "As powerful as I am, there's a limit to how many people one witch can transport with this spell."

"Right, which is why there's three of us. Safety in numbers. Besides, do you really think I'd stay behind?" Riley scoffed toward him while Bonnie sent her a smirk. "Absolutely not."

"Shall we?" Bonnie asked toward Damon and Riley.

"Fine. Let's go get Mom." Damon stepped forward and grabbed Riley by the hand while her other pressed onto the Ascendant with Kai and Bonnie. The three witches chanted the spell and suddenly the environment around them began to change. The Ascendant disappeared from the witches' hands and they ended up in a cemetery while snow fell all around them. "Well, isn't this a picturesque slice of Hell?" The Salvatore questioned in a snide tone as he pulled Riley into his embrace once he noticed her shivering.

"You two go ahead. Kai and I will start the locator spell on the Ascendant," Bonnie explained with a light smile. The Ascendant was the one thing that was unable to travel with them through worlds, so instead, they had to find it's mirror image in 1903.

"Shall we?" Damon asked down to his girlfriend who reluctantly looked back at Bonnie.

"I'll be fine," Bonnie assured her with a small nod while they watched Kai catch snowflakes onto his tongue. "He's good now, remember? New leaf. Besides, you know you wouldn't let Damon go and meet his Mom alone. Go."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Can we just take a second to appreciate the fact that we're actually inside your childhood home?" The strawberry-blonde witch mused as she and Damon looked around the old Salvatore house. She then walked over to the mantle and saw a few old photographs. "So, I'm guessing this is Stefan, right?"