𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SEVEN | FADE INTO YOU

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

IT WAS THANKSGIVING, OR FRIENDSGIVING, AS CAROLINE LIKED TO CALL IT. Every year, Caroline liked to host a Thanksgiving meal and she would invite all of her friends. It had became a tradition that the group vowed to never to miss out on. Though, Elena wasn't helping the two girls prepare, instead she was trying to work out a way to tell Liam, her new boyfriend, that she was a vampire.

"I'm a vampire," Elena spoke confidently whilst Caroline and Riley wandered around the table, setting up the places for the guests.

"I don't know. Maybe a little less emphasis on vampire." The blonde shrugged and continued to set place-cards down onto the table.

"I'm a vampire." She looked up at the two girls again who just awkwardly looked away. "I mean, there's only so many ways you can say it."

"Relax, would you?" Riley turned to the doppelgänger, who had placed her hands against her head stressfully. "I mean, hopefully, Liam will stop digging into Lady Whitmore's miraculous recovery, let this whole thing go and you won't need to tell him the truth."

"Or he'll keep digging, realize that I force-fed her my vampire blood, and then just bail." Elena snapped back with a pointed look.

Caroline finally finished laying the table, and then turned on her heels. "Okay. You know all of this can go away with one fell mind-wipe."

"So lie." Elena retorted. "And lie again, and again and again."

"Look, Elena, if you wanna tell Liam the truth then obviously Caroline and I will support you. It's your choice. But, if you don't have faith that you and Liam would work then—" The three girls then turned around just as Jo walked with some more food for their Thanksgiving meal. "—Jo. Hey."

Elena's eyebrows furrowed when she noticed the woman had turned up without her date. "Where's Alaric?"

"Don't kill the messenger. Something about an impromptu guys' weekend."

"Oh. You have got to be kidding me," Riley spoke through gritted teeth as she headed out into the hallway. She immediately dialled Damon, who didn't answer his phone. She then tried Alaric, who happened to answer immediately. "Ric, whatever you're doing and wherever you are, come back now. You guys can't miss Friendsgiving. There's barely anyone here as it is."

"Well, if it's any consolation, our Thanksgiving was roadside chilli. Look, Bonnie's still alive and Damon's determined to find a way to bring her back. But, he didn't want to ruin your Thanksgiving so—"

"—He didn't tell me he was planning this." Riley trailed off while she exhaled deeply. "Why didn't he tell me? I should be there."

"No. Riley, you should be at home having a nice, normal Thanksgiving. I'll be home soon." Damon's voice echoed through the phone, and immediately caused the strawberry-blonde to roll her eyes. "Love you."