𝐎𝐍𝐄

CHAPTER ONE | I'LL REMEMBER

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

SEVERAL MONTHS HAD PASSED SINCE THE OTHER SIDE COLLAPSED, TAKING DAMON AND BONNIE ALONG WITH IT. And, the longer she was without Damon, the more the little witch was beginning to fall apart. Riley was trying her best to try and find some way of bringing them back, though she was failing. After Damon had died, the witch also lost contact with Stefan, who left shortly after to try and find a way of bringing his brother back. Though, he stopped returning her calls. She felt alone with her loss.

In amongst a dozen spells within her grimoire, Riley had stumbled across a spell which would trick her subconscious into thinking Damon was with her. Though, in actual reality, she was just having a conversation with herself. There were a dozen side effects and warnings that came with the performing the spell, but Riley didn't care. She would do anything to feel closer to the part of her that she lost.

"So, can we just talk about the fact that Ric came back to life and is now teaching at Whitmore." Damon chuckled toward the girl as he laid beside her in her single bed. Her head was rested on his chest.

"Oh, believe me, I find it just as strange as you do." Riley lifted her head up to look at him. She knew that what she was doing was wrong, but she couldn't help but enjoy the moment with him. "God. I miss you so much."

"Uh, uh, uh. We both know that you really don't wanna have a conversation about that. And, you know, since I'm your—"

"Riley?" A banging immediately interrupted Riley's moment with Damon. She heard Alaric's abrupt voice echoing through the door. "Can I come in?"

"Uh— give me a minute." The witch suddenly jumped from her bed and waved her hand to blow out all of the surrounding candles, which stopped her spell. Riley glanced back toward her bed, noticing Damon was gone just before she opened the door. "Ric. Hey, what's up?"

"What's up? You haven't come out of your room in a few days and I wanted to uh— check up on you." He spoke carefully as he eyed up the girl. "You know, what? I've gotta meet up with Caroline about this anti-magic border, why don't you come with us?"

"Sure." Begrudgingly, Riley nodded. She grabbed hold of her cell phone from her bedside table and wandered after Alaric.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Have you heard from Stefan?" Riley finally spoke to break the silence. She and Alaric were both sat in a diner, where they were waiting for Caroline to meet with them. "I haven't heard anything from him in a while."

"So, call him." The vampire simply shrugged in Riley's direction.

"Easier said than done. Every single time I call, I get his damn voicemail." Riley rolled her eyes, though she knew it wouldn't hurt to try. She pulled her phone from her pocket, pressed his contact and placed the phone against her ear. She listened to the dial tone for a while and then finally heard his voice.