𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

CHAPTER THREE | WELCOME TO PARADISE

─── ☆: *.☽ .* :☆. ───

EVER SINCE THEY GOT BACK FROM SEEING STEFAN, RILEY HAD BEEN A LITTLE DISTANT. Understandably, the strawberry-blonde witch was hurt by Stefan's actions to completely start a new life, and so she refused to even think about him. When they arrived back at Whitmore College, it seemed that Caroline was also visibly effected by Stefan— more than anyone would imagine.

Riley noticed the blonde vampire's eyes were fixed on a photograph of Bonnie, Riley, Elena and herself all at their graduation. An immediate sigh escaped Caroline's lips as she dropped the photograph with a sad look on her face. "Yeah, I miss her, too."

"So, I, uh— volunteer at the hospital until, like, two. And, then I figured we can carpool to the party at the swimming hole." Elena interrupted their moment as she wandered into the dorm room with to-go coffees in her hand. She then glanced over to Caroline with furrowed brows. "Um, normally, when you move back in, you unpack."

"I'm not staying." Caroline eyed up the two girls as she folded a shirt and placed it into her suitcase. "Last night was just a momentary moment of weakness."

"Momentary moment?" Riley scoffed out. "Personally, I think you should come back."

Elena tilted her head sympathetically toward the blonde. "Caroline, needing your friends isn't a weakness, momentary or otherwise."

Caroline rolled her eyes and then slammed her shut case shut after she crammed her last few bits inside of it. "Tell that to Stefan, who clearly needs no one. Not even Riley, who is suppose to be his best friend."

"Stefan, who? I don't know anyone by the name of Stefan." The little witch grunted through gritted teeth.

Elena crossed her arms over her chest and glanced between the bitter looking females. "Cut him some slack, both of you. He lost his brother."

Riley rolled her eyes and exhaled deeply whilst Caroline gripped her suitcase. "I've gotta go. I've got breakfast with Enzo, so–"

"Enzo?" The doppelgänger and Riley both spoke in unison, both equally perplexed by Caroline's breakfast-date. "You guys go on one road trip, and now you're all breakfast buddies?"

"Yeah, I guess so. Ironically, he's recently become one of the more stable people in my life."

"Okay. Then invite him to the party."

"You're not serious about this, are you?" Riley asked, arms folded across her chest as she sipped her coffee. "Honestly, the swimming hole is literally the last place I wanna be right now."

"Come on, guys. I got Matt to take the afternoon off from his training, and Tyler to give the practice squad a break. Even Jeremy is coming." The girl listed with a little grin on her face. "It's been forever since we've all been together. It'll be fun." She then glared at both Riley and Caroline who appeared to be disagreeing with her. "Don't make me invoke the nuclear option. Cause I will selfie-bomb you both. Every five minutes."