Chapter 8

Riley felt something wet and cold touching her face. She tried to swat it away as she slept soundly. But the wet and the cold feeling didn't go away and still continued to touch her face.

Annoyed, Riley snapped her eyes open to glance at the sleep invader and give them a piece of her mind but that soon changed when she saw that it was Hunter.

"Ahahahahahaha......stop. I (huff) can't (huff) breathe." She laughed maniacally.

Hunter grinned down at her and started licking her face after a pause again. Riley laughed again and later pushed him away so she could go to the bathroom.

Laughing too much had her stomach and bladder all clenched up. She got up and dusted her clothes off, walked towards the bathroom to relieve herself from the utmost pressure.

After a long shower, she came out, changed into a grey loose sweater and a pair of black ripped jeans. She saw that her room was empty and Hunter was nowhere to be seen.

She climbed down the stairs and went to the kitchen to fix herself a breakfast. She walked towards a cabinet and picked out a frying pan, walked towards the stove and lit it up.

She made scrambled eggs and a mug of coffee for herself and for Hunter, she boiled some sausages as dogs are meat lovers.

She whistled to call him out but then there was no sign of him. She walked all around the house to search for him.

"Hunter!"

"Boy, where are you? Come out." She yelled.

She walked towards the main door and opened it to look outside. She took a step forward, onto her porch and glanced around. She couldn't find him.

She was getting late for her work so she thought that she'll search for Hunter when she gets back from her work.

She grabbed her car keys and wallet, locked her front door and walked towards her car. She unlocked her car and stepped inside. She turned the key into ignition and the engine roared back to life.

She pulled out of her driveway and drove towards her work place. She parked her car into the basement, stepped out of it and locked her car. She walked towards the building and the moment she stepped inside, she was greeted by the smell of all sorts of drugs.

"Hey, Riley. How are you? You took a day off so I just wanted to know how you're doing?" Bella, her colleague asked nicely.

"I'm good, thank you. Yea... I wasn't feeling it yesterday so I thought of taking a day off." She answered politely.

"Yo, Riles baby. How are you?" Jason, her best friend asked her.

"Hey Jason. I'm actually doing good. Thank you. How about you, huh? Found any hot man who matches your taste?" She asked, smirking.

"Oh shush! We don't want anyone to find out that I swing the other way, now do we?" Jason remarked, playfully.

Riley just merely laughed at his response and went to her chamber. She started checking her files and spent her whole day almost in her chamber.

It was already dark outside and she finished almost all of her work. She was reading one last file when there was a knock on her door.

"Listen Riley, we all are celebrating Kale's birthday tonight. You wanna join?" Asked Jason.

"Hm...no thanks. I've got this last file to check thoroughly so you guys go ahead. Have fun."

"Aw man, you never hang out with anyone." Jason whines.