Chapter 7

Scratch.....

Riley was still in a deep slumber when she heard a big scratch outside. She woke up, alarmed and completely awake now and walked towards her balcony.

She opened up her balcony doors and took a few steps forward. She glanced down and saw the same beautiful, black wolf again. And he was here.

"Hey, what are you doing out there at this hour?" Riley asked curiously.

The wolf just wagged it's tail and went belly up on the ground, trying to be all cute.

"Oh I see. You're looking for some playtime, huh?" Riley smiled at him.

She went back into her room and grabbed a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie. She put on her shoes and went downstairs. She opened her front door and walked out in her yard.

The wolf saw Riley coming out of the house and got so excited that it pounced at her and started licking up her face.

Riley laughed as it felt ticklish and swatted him away, playfully. She got up and dusted herself.

"Sooooo does anybody own you? I mean, like a pet?" Riley drawled out, slowly.

The wolf shook his head as a "no". He kept on staring at her with his glowing green eyes and his tongue was out on display, dripping with saliva. He was behaving more like a lovesick puppy than a big, bad wolf.

"I see. Well....would you wanna live with me, huh?" Riley asked.

The wolf nodded his head pretty enthusiastically and again launched himself at her while licking up her face.

Riley giggled and patted him down. She stood up and walked towards her door. The wolf followed her suit and together, they both went into the house.

She took of her shoes, socks and climbed up the stairs. She opened the door of her bedroom and started taking off her hoodie. Unknown to her, the wolf has also followed her into her bedroom and now was watching her stripping herself.

Riley was about to take her sweatpants off when she felt a burning gaze on her back. She turned around and saw the wolf was staring at her. His eyes has also darkened. Now Riley was only in her sweatpants and a sports bra.

"What? Stop looking at me. It's unnerving. Turn around and no peeping okay?" Riley stated uncomfortably. She felt as if the wolf was not a wolf but someone else, someone familiar.

The wolf made a noise which was close to snorting but turned around anyway. And like a good boy didn't sneak a peek.

Riley stripped out of her sweatpants and grabbed her comfy pyjamas and a baggy shirt out her closet.

"Okay. I'm done now. You may look." She called out.

The wolf turned around and watched Riley getting comfortable under her blanket. The wolf automatically approached the bed and was about to lie down next to her when Riley stopped him.

"Oh no you don't. You're not getting in here with me, you bad doggie." She wiggled her finger and pointed towards the floor.

The wolf made a puppy face and tried to convince her otherwise but Riley didn't budge. The wolf huffed and laid down next to her bed, on the floor.

"You know, I've never ever had a friend because of my different coloured eyes. When I was a little girl, all the kids never used to approach me as they thought I'm not normal. They thought my eyes were.....scary. Even I was a shy and an antisocial person- I still am but even now, after I'm all grown up, people don't approach me. They think I'm weird, to say the least." Riley mumbled unconsciously while looking out of the window.

"Anyways, I still haven't given you a name. What should I name you, huh?" She asked.

The wolf merely shrugged.

"You're no help. Well...let's see.......wolfy?" She  mocked him.

The wolf let out a disapproving sound.

"What, you don't like that? Aw c'mon. Okay, how about Max?" She asked.

The wolf shook his head.

"Roger?"

"Sam?"

"Fucking asshole?"

The wolf jerked his head up when he heard that and looked at her with wide eyes.

"Just kidding, dude. Chill." She laughed.

"Hmm.....how about Hunter?"

The wolf stared at her for a moment and then just shrugged.

"Okay. So Hunter it is."

"Goodnight Hunter." She whispered into thin air.

Hunter answered in a low growl.