Join me in every dinner

No, no, nooo.....

Nothing is going right....

G.Li's whole mind was in chaos as she was lamenting on her misery...

What she all wanted was to live a peaceful life without any royal hassles, she transmigrated into an unfamiliar world and didn't want to risk her peace at any cost .

To be frank, she was not in a hurry to get back to her world either. There was no one waiting for her anyway...

G.Li felt her eyes suddenly sting thinking about her life in her world, a lonely peaceful life and she would be lying if she said she didn't enjoy it.

Hell!! She was unnaturally super comfortable with that lonely solitude. Yeah, sometimes it got really boring, then she would get involved in flings like they say, "No strings attached!!

But to be entangled in any serious bond like what they call 'love'... it was a far cry for Gongsun Li. To be emotionally attached with someone, having the same dreams together, living with each other for ever...

A bile rose in her throat as she shook away the suffocating feeling rising in her chest. She hated that kind of feelings to be entangled, attached, involved. She really forgot how it felt to be in any entanglements.

But these days, the emperor reminded her again about all those emotions arising the forgotten fear in her heart.

No, she can't!!! She can't again feel the same helplessness, suffer the same pain! she very well knew how it hurts!!!! How it fudging hurts!!!

So, closing the eyes that were burning with unshed tears,she took a vow. A vow to keep her peaceful single life...

A vow to elope from the palace, to escape from her husband...

That day, the sky was cast with black clouds,a scary darkness surrounding the world as the clattering sound of rain rhymed all around...

Zhu Zhen was busy in his study when his heart suddenly felt a tug. His gaze shifted to look out the window unintentionally taking in the raindrops leaving their marks on the window glass. The darkness peeked through his window engulfing his lonely figure. Indulged in his familiar lonely darkness, the emperor didn't know why he suddenly felt a desperate need to see a familiar foolish face...

....................

When Gongsun Li entered the royal chamber,she was hell bent on avoiding the emperor...key word 'was'

"Li'er", the king had called.

No response..

" Li"

No response.

"Gongsun Li"

She felt her heart skip a beat with fear hearing the emperor calling out her full name...

No,Li. You can't admit defeat so soon, keep fighting...

So collecting all the courage that was in her body,she managed to ignore the emperor for the last time...

I won't respond to him, no matter what I won't...

Nothing can break my vow.. not money.. not food... noth..

"Have lunch with me", Zhu Zhen tried to
interact one last time.

What did he just say? Lunch?

G.Li stole a glance at the emperor.

His expression was as usual...blank!

Heh! He must be foolish if he thinks he can allure me with those tasty,scrumptious delicous food..

She gulped hard to stop her saliva slipping her mouth watching those scrumptious dishes....Oh,loves!!!!

"Okay. If you don't want, Zhen will have them returned to the kitchen", Zhu Zhen said fighning dissapointment as his fingers played with the chopsticks...

Receiving no reaction from the other side,he risked his last card as he shouted,

"Maids! Take the foo.."

He didn't get to finish his statement as a certain woman suddenly plopped on the chair beside him and jumped over the dishes....

Gongsun Li was actually eating like that was her last lunch of life. Pulling with the chopsticks,she inserted everything into her mouth till her cheeks puffed like balloons.

Zhu Zhen's eyes turned tender as he took in his wife's messy appearance. Her jaw was moving endlessly to swallow the food that filled her mouth and the hand that hold chopsticks never stopped dragging food to her bowl....

G.Li only stopped eating when she felt like her stomach would burst anytime... An unintentional burp left her throat making her embarassed. She was gonna apologize but a soft clothy touch on her lips suddenly made her whole body stiff...

Zhu Zhen moved the soft napkin over her lips wiping it tenderly. A soft amused smile was apparant on his lips and his gaze turned softer as it took in her now bewildered expression...

Even in her bewildered state,G.Li could feel his kiss on the tip of her nose. She didn't even miss the soft graze of his fingers over her cheeks...

But all her sense was thrown away when she heard his gentle whispers in her ear,

"Join Zhen in dinner also"

"To..tonight?", she managed to stammer out her question.

Zhu Zhen silently retracted the napkin on the table before he rested his elbow on the handle of her chair leaning his face closer to hers...

" No, everynight. From now on Zhen wants to see you here everyday and everynight in lunch and dinner."