Chapter Twenty-Eight

Start from the beginning

{Line Break}

I was woken a second time when my alarm clock went off at its scheduled time, 6:10. I reached over to smack the snooze button, and I sighed in relief when the cursed sound disappeared. This was a normal occurrence, hitting the snooze button until 6:50 when I finally got out of bed. It didn't take long for me to get ready, so my motto was 'why get up early if you can get up late and still be on time,' and I had stuck to that since middle school.

"(Y/N)," Ryuji huffed from beside me. "We need to get up," he said but proceeded to pull me closer. I snuggled into his warm body and let my head come to rest on his chest.

"Few more minutes," I muttered. He didn't say a word in argument, and by the sound of his even breathing, I knew he had fallen back to sleep. I took that as a sign to get a few more minutes of sleep which I happily did.

We were woken again ten minutes later when the alarm clock's shrill ringing sounded again. I groaned and smacked it again before managing to squirm out of my boyfriend's strong arms and sit up. "Bon, it's time to get up," I said through a yawn, shaking his shoulder. I heard him grumble something under his breath that sounded like a refusal. "Come on, we don't want to be late," I said, pulling myself out of his arms and into the cold air of my room. I shivered and quickly pulled on a sweatshirt.

When Ryuji made no move to get out of bed, I smirked and yanked the covers off his bod, leaving his body prone to the cold air of my room. He glared quietly through his hair from his spot in the middle of my bed. "Come on," I repeated. "I have to get changed, and I don't want you in here while I do that." He smirked and opened his mouth to make a comment but quickly thought better of it when I glared. He sighed and pushed himself into a sitting position before standing up and stretching. He stepped over to me a pressed a quick kiss to the top of my head before leaving the room without a word more.

It didn't take me long to get ready for the day and go back to the kitchen to wait for Bon. I hadn't seen him since we got up this morning. After a few minutes of reading on my phone, my boyfriend stepped into the room, his uniform on and his bag over his shoulder. "Ready?" I asked. I nodded and hopped over next to him, taking his hand.

The day went smoothly up until I was getting a few books out of my locker in between classes. When I grabbed a binder out of my locker, a cream colored envelope fell to the floor in front of me. I picked it up and turned it over to look at the front. I found my full name, middle name included, written in fancy calligraphy which as recognized as Mephisto's handwriting. I frowned and open the letter. It read:

Dear Miss (L/N),

I do apologize for interrupting you're schedule this evening, but I have something very important to ask of you. This evening, at 5 o'clock sharp, I would like for you to attend a meeting with a few high class exorcists and me to discuss the attack that you suffered and perhaps your swords as well. I was not briefed on what this entire meeting will entail, but it is essential that you attend.

I would like you to come to my office at 4:45 so that I may escort you to the meeting as it is at the Vatican. Don't worry about you're attire, I'll see to that.

~ Mephisto Pheles

I frowned at the letter in front of me, not at all happy with its contents. A meeting with senior class exorcists and Mephisto at the Vatican at all places! What could I possibly be getting myself into?

{Line Break}

I knocked on the door to Mephisto's office, feeling rather nervous. I had showed Yukio the letter and he told me not to worry about it and that I would be fine. He also excused me from cram school that evening so I wouldn't have to worry about rushing to classes after the meeting. The door swung open and my eyes were met with the sight of Mephisto's office.

"Ah, my dear (Y/N). Come on in," Mephisto said. I entered the room and shut the door behind me gently. The headmaster had his feet up on the desk in front of him, his hands behind his head. As the I entered, he gracefully kicked his feet of the desk and stood in one sweeping motion. He took his hat, which was sitting on his desk, and situated it in his head. He looked at me and suddenly frowned. "My, that outfit certainly won't do for a meeting of this importance," he said, putting a hand on his chest.

"You told me not to worry about it," I snapped, crossing my arms over my chest. He had told me in his letter that he was going to be taking care of it so I had simply put on my sweatshirt and leggings as usual. It was my comfiest outfit, and he had just insulted it.

"Ein! Zwei! Drei!" the man in the loud white suit shouted and snapped his fingers. There was a pink poof around me and I suddenly found myself in a white dress fit for a meeting. The dress fell to my knees and the sleeves of the dress fit perfectly. The dress's neckline was high, reaching my collarbone and the bodice contoured my body, showing off the size of my chest which was not proportionate compared to the rest of my body. The dress was tighter around my waist, making it look like I had one, and the skirt was straight. On my feet were a pair of matching white heals which I knew immediately were going to cause me problems.

"W-what the?" I spluttered. "You could have warned me first," I accused, my face bright red.

"Oh, you're be fine, (Y/N)," he said with a wave of his hand. I only grunted in dissatisfaction and put my hands on my head only to find that my hair was done up in an elegant bun which was very different from the messy buns I put my (H/C) hair in in the evenings. Mephisto snapped again and there was a mirror in front of me. My makeup was done to look natural, and the faint black eye shadow brought out of the (E/C) of my eyes. He had surprisingly good taste, but I wasn't going to boost his already sky high ego by telling him that.

"I thought we were going to a meeting, not a dinner party at a five star restaurant," I said slowly, looking up for the mirror.

"Please," the man before me scoffed. If we were going somewhere that nice I would have dressed you up much more." I frowned at the thought of that. "Anyway, let us be on our way," he said, standing up and producing a key form his pocket. He walked over to his office door and stuck the key in the lock. "Now," he began, turning the lock. "I do have some advice when it comes to the people we are going to be meeting with. Only speak when spoken to; I understand you're temper is your major fault," he said, side eyeing me carefully. I grimaced but didn't speak. "Also, give them direct answers, don't dance around it. And most importantly," he said while opening the door. "Be polite," he said with a sly smile.

He opened the door fully and bowed, allowing me to enter first. My mouth feel open in awe as I stared at the beautiful architecture of the Vatican. The ceilings were high and the archways were beautifully crafted. I had never been one for architecture, but Roman and Greek architecture caught my eye. Right now, my eyes were taking in every aspect of pure, Roman design.

"This way, (Y/N)," Mephisto called, and I turned to try and catch up with him, my heels making it quite difficult.

"Ah, there you are," a deep voice called from behind us. We both turned to see a man in a white outfit with angel wings seen to the back of it. To me, it was the tackiest thing I had ever seen. His unbelievably long, blonde hair and massive sword were not helping his case. Several exorcists trailed behind him at a respectful distance. "I was wondering when you two would arrive." Mephisto waved his hand.

"Hardly. We're clearly on time. Early actually," the demon said. "Anyway," he said, turning to me. "(Y/N), I would like you to meet Arthur Auguste Angel, the paladin."