Forty

INFERNO
CHAPTER FORTY
NOVEMBER 25TH 1993,

OMNISCIENT

"Happy Thanksgiving." Janine heard turning around to DeVante. He was still in a tank top and jogging pants but he looked well, she found herself staring but turned around so he wouldn't catch her.

"You ain't gotta act like you wasn't staring." His long arms slithered around her waist and embraced his roommate with a hug. He still couldn't find himself to think that she would be gone next week. Luckily he had a surprise for her before she left. One she would never forget.

"Because I wasn't staring, now unwrap ya' arms before you confuse Marvin and Prince. I'm not your girlfriend." Janine spat and he clicked his teeth. When in all honesty it hurt his feelings cause he wished she was.

"But I want you to be still, and I know you want to be. But I understand ya'. That just don't stop me from wanting you in more ways than one." He commented letting his tongue trail her naked neck. Janine's breath hitched but quickly moved not wanting to risk it.

"C'mon I ain't fucking nobody but my hand now.Give me a going away gift and I'll give you yours." De whispered in her ear and she quickly turned to gaze at him. The Janine from last week would have the two on the kitchen table like they did at first on Halloween night but seeing as though she had set that table and Lena would be back soon with Joel she couldn't risk it.

"De go in the studio or something. You messing with me and I'm almost done." He sighed and nodded wishing that she changed her mind. But just wait until Monday. He excused himself and went to the studio.

His pager was going off to Alex but he put it back seeing as though he knew the truth about her now. He should've been known but he was so busy with Jodeci and this whole Janine thing. Why was Alex so obsessive of him? He wasn't anything special.

•••
THANKSGIVING DAY
NOON,

"Damn I'm hungry," Cedric said throwing the ball up in the air and Prince quickly ran back and took it with him. Cedric's mouth opened ajar and thought about stomping the fuck out Donald's dog but knew he would get bit the fuck up.

Dalvin, on the other hand, helped Janine with setting food places he hadn't said much. He was still a little livid with the fact that Mary went and told his business. He didn't want to confront Cedric because it wasn't him it was his woman.

"You okay Dal?" Dalvin directed his attention on Janine and smiled. She really was in the kitchen with a big large shirt as well as some shorts that looked like the could've been Donald's.

"Don't start it with my wardrobe, Imma change when I put all the food out. Lena the cornbread done?" Janine questioned and she turned to Lena who held a pan top as the grease popped aggressively. Dalvin snorted and turned back around.

"Lord have mercy," Janine muttered and put the spoon into the yams. She quickly walked over and reached over the cornbread turning the knob down so that the oil wouldn't pop her so bad.

"Thanks." She said a little embarrassed, Janine chuckled and patted her shoulder. It's okay sweetheart. The phone ringed and since De and Joel were in the studio, Dalvin quickly answered.

"Wassup?" He questioned and quickly heard Justin & Dyana in the background.

"Happy Thanksgiving Dalvin had to make sure it was you." Dalvin's eyes widened to the voice of Jackie who seemed cheerful.