Chapter 15

Ace's POV

"Marilynn's in trouble." Isabella exclaimed as she slammed the door open.

Those words alone made my chest heavy and my wolf perk up, alarmed. He had been very quiet over the last month after our mate left, he believed it was my fault for driving her away with the rejection.

The rejection...That was one of the hardest things I had ever done. The look of hope in her big blue eyes, crushed by some stupid words. I knew it was for the best, though. I couldn't go through losing another mate, not after...

"What do you mean?" Liam asked while Isabella hurried into the room and to her mate's side. You could tell being away from her sister took a toll on her. The usual bright green eyes were duller and she didn't dress up as she normally did.

"I-I found a note and it was from Marilynn...She went to her coven and said she would be back in two days, but it's been a month!" She rushed out.

I shook my head.

"That doesn't mean she's in trouble, she could have just stayed longer then intended." I explained.

"No." Isabella insisted. "Marilynn has never been late. When she says she's going to be somewhere, she will be there. Marilynn has never not stuck to her word, she takes promises very seriously."

The room was silent for a moment before Liam nodded.

"I believe you," He agreed. "Marilynn has never let you down. Do you know where she may be?"

Isabella thought for a moment before shaking her head.

"She doesn't have many enemies and she's always very careful when she may be near any. Marilynn always keep a high alert. Always ready to fight."

"We could ask some packs-" Before I could finish my sentence, there was a persistent knocking on the door. I rushed over and opened it to see one of my border patrols looking winded before he quickly started speaking.

"Alpha, we were running the border and found a body, but we also found this." He lifted a plastic bag and inside was a USB drive. I asked him a few formal questions before taking the USB drive and sending him back to the border with extra warriors.

I look over at Liam and Isabella, they both seemed interested to know what was on the drive and I trusted them so I pulled out a spare computer and plugged it in. After opening the files, a video starting playing.

At first it was just a black screen, but then loud screams were heard.

"Dammit, I didn't take on the lens cap." Someone muttered. Once it was removed the video showed a cell with a frail girl convulsing and screaming on the ground. Something tugged at my heart, but I couldn't point out why. Liam looked concerned as he watched the video while Isabella looked utterly horrified.

Soon enough, the girl calmed and laid on the dirty ground motionless, but her ragged breathing let us know she was alive.

"Now, now Marilynn..." The voice from the video spoke. Isabella gasped and hid her face in her mate's chest to avoid seeing her sister struggling. My wolf was howling in my head, crying out for his mate that was somewhere out there in pain.

The man appeared in front of the camera and approached Marilynn, making me growl lowly. He slowly lifted up her shirt revealing a large bump covered in bruises.

"I wonder if your mate knows how much pain he's causing you..." The man looked towards the camera as if talking to us. "I never touched her here, it was all you." He sighed and looked back at her swollen stomach. "Such an unfaithful mate, that poor child is going to be born a bastard."

It felt like the air was knocked out of me, she was pregnant? She didn't say anything? To anyone? Isabella looked ready to cry as she took sight of her sister's weak body that was carrying another life.

I did that. I caused her that pain. I didn't know... I thought it was a myth, but I was wrong and I hurt her.

The man started pulling out different knives and began making small cuts along her back and arms. Marilynn let out small cries, but she looked so worn out it seemed that it took everything in her to stay conscious. I fast forwarded through most of that until he put his tools down and started removing his clothing. It looked as though Marilynn was already nearly naked, making my anger worsen knowing another man is seeing her like that. The man caressed her cheek as her head lolled side to side. She tried, weakly, to shove him away, but her attempts were useless.

"Do you remember when you were younger?" The man began. "When I came into your room after you and your sister fell asleep? You wouldn't let me take Izzy, you were always awake and ready to come with me to my room. What a shame...You never were as pretty as your sister and she was much more obedient." He turned to the camera. "This should probably be more private." He mumbled before shutting off the camera, but not before we heard Marilynn's pleas to stop.

The room was dead silent. Not one of us knew how to react. All I knew was that I needed to get my mate back.

"She looked so weak... I have never seen her like that." Isabella mumbled while she went to sit.

"Do you know who has her?" I ask, cutting to the point. She nodded before taking a breath. Her mouth opened and closed before she mustered the courage to speak.

"Our father." Isabella paused, "H-he wanted our power... He never liked us. He would-" Isabella didn't finish her sentence as tears filled her eyes. Liam immediately went to comfort his mate, something I longed to do. I wished I could hold Marilynn like that someday.

"We will get her back. Tomorrow, we'll set out. Gather the warriors." I instruct to Liam. They both left the room, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

How could I let her slip away so easily? It was my fault she left and now she was alone and pregnant. I needed her back as soon as possible, I would make this right and never lose her again. My wolf growled in agreement.

I went to go talk to my troops, but the office phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Is this Alpha Kingston?"

"Speaking."

"We have someone here claiming to be the Luna of your pack, her name is Marilynn Remington, is that the name of your Luna?"