19

MaKayla

"I'm going to kill him." I lowly spoke as I examined my neck.

"Kayla!" My mom yelled. "Where are you?"

"Shit." I lowly cursed and began to scramble.

I quickly grabbed my wand curler from under the sink and plugged it in, praying it would heat up before she got to me.

"I'm in the bathroom!" I finally spoke.

A few moments later, my mother appeared at my bathroom door.

"What are you doing?"

"Just curling a few pieces of my hair."

"Oh. Well I came up here to see if you had to babysit tonight."

"I do. But I don't tomorrow. Kairi will be with Dave's mom."

She nodded but stood there. "What's on your neck?"

"Huh?"

"You heard me. What's on your neck?"

"My neck?" I pretended to act confused as I looked into the mirror. I gasped a little bit to add a dramatic effect. "I was using my wand and it tapped my neck but I didn't know it left a mark like that." I lied and fake pouted.

"Mhmm." She slowly nodded. "Be more careful next time." She eyed me before she turned around and left out of the bathroom.

I sighed and placed the curling wand down on the sink and unplugged them. I grabbed my bag out of my closet and turned my lights off.

"Going to work?" My dad asked as he walked down the stairs

"Yep." I nodded.

"Drive safe."

"I will." I smiled.

"Come here." My mom spoke as I walked by the kitchen.

I turned around and stood at the doorway. "Yes?"

"I fixed plates for you since you won't be here for dinner." She handed me a bag with three plates wrapped up inside. "There's enough for David and the baby too so make sure you share."

"I will mom." I laughed.

"Bye Deuce." I ran my hand through his curls.

"Yo! Watch out!" He quickly moved his head

"Bye Rae."

My sister held up the peace sign, never taking her eyes off of her phone.

I unlocked my car doors and got inside. I plugged my phone into the aux and pulled off.

Dave

"Wassgood." I greeted a couple of employees as I walked into Stadium Goods.

"Are you looking for anything in particular?" One of the workers walked over to me as I looked at the shoes on the wall.

"You got some new releases?" I looked over at him

"Of course. Follow me." He lead me to a different section of the store and picked up a pair of retros that I had never seen before. "These just came in. We haven't even placed them in the front yet."

I grabbed the shoe and looked at it. "Oh these is fiyah. Shittin me." I laughed. "You got a 12?" I looked up

"All sizes."

"What about kids? Like toddler sizes." I asked

"I believe we do. What size?"

"6." I responded