1

MaKayla

"Summer break is basically over." I sighed

"Mama wanna know if ya'll staying for dinner." My little sister, Raven, walked into my room and looked around.

"I am." Diamond answered, never looking up from her phone.

"I can't." Ming pouted

"I have to ask my dad." Mina quietly answered

Raven walked over and sat on my bed.

"Uh..get out."

"Fuck you." She held up her middle finger.

"Mama!" I yelled. "Raven in here cussing!"

"Raven! Get yo ass down here and finish this book! Ahora! (Now) My mom yelled

I stuck my tongue out at her as she walked out.

"Ya'll always fighting." Ming laughed

"You ready for senior year though? It's gonna be lit." Diamond twerked on the bed.

"I guess." I shrugged. "I'm over it already."

"So, Ashley is having a party this weekend. We going?" Ming looked at all of us.

"Which Ashley?"

"The one in college." Ming smiled

"How the hell are we going to get into a college party? And how are we getting there?" I looked at her

"My mama. Duh. And Ashley will let us in."

"Well it's a go then. I'm wit it."

"We gotta go shopping then. Cause a bitch can't look like a bum." Diamond flipped her hair.

"Let's go now. Dinner won't be ready until like 7 and its only 1 right now. I can see if Derrius can drop us off."

I walked down the hall to my brother's room and the door was open which meant he wasn't in there. I turned on my heels and headed in the opposite direction, downstairs. Walking into the kitchen, my mother was standing at the sink.

"Is Deuce here?" I leaned against the counter

"No he is not."

"Ugh." I sighed

"What's wrong?"

"I wanted him to drop me off at the mall."

"You know you have your lesson today."

"Why do I even still need lessons? I know how to play."

I've been taking piano lessons since I was 7 years old. I'd like to think I'm a master at it now.

"Because you are still learning. Now go ahead back upstairs before I make your company leave."

I rolled my eyes and I turned to leave out of the kitchen.

"Gira los ojos otra vez y los recogerás del suelo."
(Roll your eyes again and you'll be picking them up off the floor.)

"Pero, mami"
(But mom)

"Pero nada, ahora sal de mi cocina."
(But nothing, now get out my kitchen.) My mother spoke, never turning around from the sink.

I crossed my arms and made my way back to the stairs. My dad was coming down as I went up.

"What's wrong with you?" He looked at me

"Ma! She won't let me go to the mall because of this stupid piano lesson that I have today."