13

MaKayla

Tuesday, 12:30PM

I sat at the lunch table eating with Mina, Diamond and Zoie. Ming didn't come to school today.

"You ready for your job?" Mina asked

"Yeah. I hope it goes good. She seems to always like me whenever I see her so hopefully it will be an easy job." I took a bite of my sandwich

"That's right. Take care of her during the day and take care of her daddy at night." Zo stuck his tongue out and twerked in his seat

"Stop being nasty." I threw a fry at him and laughed

"Make sure you text me. Let me know how he living." Diamond spoke.

"You know I will."

The bell rung and we all got up and threw away our trash. I walked to my locker and got my bag out.

"See ya'll tomorrow." I waved and walked to my car.

I put Dave's address into my gps and began following the directions. I listened to music as I drove and I was there in no time.

I pulled into the driveway of the house and cut my car off. The house looked huge. I got out and walked to the front door carrying my bag. I knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer. I could hear the door being unlocked and I instantly got nervous. The door opened and he stood there in a tank top and sweatpants.

"Come in." He stepped aside.

I walked in and took in the view of his house. It was nice and clean, which kind of surprised me.

"Follow me." He walked passed me. "I'll show you around."

I followed him through the house and it was so beautiful.

"So, you can go basically anywhere in here beside my bedroom and the basement. I smoke down there."

"Cool. You have a nice house."

"Thank you." He smiled

Once he was done giving me a tour, we walked back down to the living room. Kairi was asleep in her bedroom so I decided to work on my homework. I pulled my folder out of my bag and I sat on the floor of the living room.

"I'll try to be back by 11:30, no later than 12." Dave walked into the living room. "Kairi loves paw patrol and pj masks so I keep that on. Her snacks are already in the refrigerator. She is allergic to kiwi. Please don't forget that. And I usually have her in bed by 9. She tends to fight her sleep so she might get a little fussy but she won't be too bad."

I wrote everything down as he was talking. "Anything else I should know?" I looked up at him

"I think that's it. I'll be back later."

I nodded and turned around to my work. I heard him shut the front door and I began my homework.

I checked the baby monitor every now and then to make sure Kairi wasn't up. I finished up my spanish homework and when I looked at the monitor again, she was sitting up. I quickly stuffed my papers in my bag and walked upstairs.

I opened the door to her bedroom and went inside.

"Kay!" She smiled.

"You remembered." I picked her up. She laid her head on my shoulder and I walked downstairs.

"Food." She slightly pouted as we passed the kitchen.

"You hungry?" I looked down at her.

I placed her in her high chair and opened the fridge. All of her food was neatly stacked inside. I grabbed the bowl on top and opened it. Inside was pieces of chicken, carrots and strawberries. I dumped the strawberries onto her tray and let her eat that while I warmed up the chicken and carrots a bit. I fixed her a cup of juice while she ate. Once she was done, I cleaned her up and put her inside the baby gate in the living room while I cleaned her high chair.

She was sitting in the middle of the floor watching paw patrol when I came back. She clapped her hands and smiled as the opening song began to play.

I pulled out my phone and sent a couple texts to Diamond and Zo. They were still hyped over the fact that I was babysitting for Dave East. Kairi walked over to me with a book in her hands. She sat the book my on lap and climbed up on the couch.

I laughed at her and opened up the book that she obviously wanted me to read to her. I read through the book and surprisingly she knew a couple of the animals and colors.

"You have to learn your ABCs little girl." I tickled her

I remembered that I had some index cards in my bag. I pulled them out a grabbed some markers. I let her draw on a blank page while I made her some flash cards.

7:55 PM

I ran around the living room playing with Kairi. She had just finished her dinner not too long ago. Checking the clock, I noticed that it was time for her bath.

"Bath time."

"Tub?" She walked over to the gate trying to open it

I laughed as I watched her. "Yes. Time to get in the tub." I picked her up and carried her upstairs. While her water was running, I made sure I grabbed everything she needed and laid it out.

She loved the water. She didn't even want to get out. I wrapped her little towel around her body and dried her off, lotioning her down before putting her night clothes on.

Dave

I walked inside my house and kicked my shoes off. The lights were off downstairs but the living room TV was on. I thought Kayla might have been in there but she wasn't. I made my way upstairs to Kairi's room and I found her laying on the floor sleep beside Kairi's bed.

I shook my head and smiled. I lightly tapped her trying to get her to wake up but not wake up Kai.

"What?" She opened one eye and looked up at me.

"Come on mama. I'm back. You can go home now." I reached for her hand to help her up.

"I don't even remember falling asleep." She laughed. "Last thing I remember is singing to Kairi."

"How was she?"

"She was perfect. I enjoyed watching her."

"Good." I reached into my pocket pulling out my money. I peeled off five, 100 dollar bills and handed it to her. "That's yours. Text me when you get home so I'll know you made it."