1) This Corrupted Country

A loud scratching sound echoed through the whole warehouse from one end to the other. There, a girl, searching and scrambling for food and especially water.
There were two men walking and patrolling around keeping an eye if anyone is intruding though the front door, little did they known she had a way out.

"You have to hurry!" Her friend whispered as she gestured through the exit door.
"Wait." She stashed more item in her bag and the two guards started to come closer. In the darkness she saw a faded outline of them.
"Jihyo!" Her friend once again called her, she ran up to her as she tugged her arm to make her go faster.
"You're not helping." She stuffed more supplies in her bag and in the midst of this, the two guards heard them.

"Who's there?" One of them asked.
Jihyo's friend started to pack more into the bag, trying to speed up the whole situation.
"I said who's there?!"
They came in running.
Jihyo held her friend's hand and pulled her across to the back door exit, slamming it shut and quickly hiding into a back alley.

A grunt came from the warehouse, the two guards pounded onto the floor, one angry at the other.
"That was close." Her friend sighed.
"No thanks to you, Nayeon. If it wasn't for you, we could of been out of there silently." Jihyo took her bag and swung it violently around her shoulder almost hitting Nayeon in the face.
"Look, at least we have food to give to the others."
"Yeah, but The Outsiders are going to look for people who have stolen from their supplies."

They both went under a fence that revealed a secret camp.
"Nayeon and Jihyo are back." One of the people said.
They were all gathered around an oil lamp and a fire that was lit in the middle.
"Here you are." Jihyo poured all the items from her bag, some honey, dried beans, some bottles of water and some blankets.
"How can we repay you?" They asked.
"You can not tell The Outsiders that we stole from them." Nayeon said.

The mumbling sounded promising, now that deed was done they decided to go home.
Jihyo and Nayeon live in the basement of an apartment building, only because it's the only space that big enough for the two of them where as for others, they are all cramped into one room or live on the streets.
Luckily enough they found this place, the only way to get in was through a whole in the side of the building which was covered quite secretly.

"Another work done." Nayeon sighed.
"Lets just hope that they didn't notice it was us." Jihyo laid on a mattress that was on the floor covered in blankets.
In the basement looked quite spacious, but filled with dust and cobwebs. There was a shelf with packets of dried beans, jars of honey and water bottles.

There were lucky that the honey, sealed packet ramen and the dried beans wouldn't expire for a long time. The whole world seemed to got used to the sweet taste of the honey and the hard crunch of the beans and raw ramen. Some people were lucky enough to boil it even with the lack of resources. Since there was no electricity, they used firewood to boil their water from Han River to get rid of the impurities and then filtering with through a cloth and into the plastic water bottles.

But don't usually eat or drink that much now. Also some other stuff such as an oil lamp and matches we're luckily found by them.

"Nayeon, Jihyo!" A distant voice from outside shouted.
Nayeon peeked through the hole and saw that their friend, Jeongyeon was there.
She was a part of The Outsiders, a group that controlled the whole of South Korea. She was an assistant to her sister, Gong Seungyeon who was the leader of Seoul.
She's the one who controls in Seoul, there were a few co-leaders in different parts of South Korea, but not as powerful as Seungyeon.

There were a few settler camps around the countryside, mainly Seoul was the most controlled area. No wonder people steal, aggressively attacking one another and most of all— dying.
It's not their fault, people did this because of The Outsiders. They weren't treating them that nicely, over-work labour, short ration on food amongst them.
Yet they got the full treatment, watching and violating people, had access to food and water.

"Jeongyeon over here." Nayeon whispered quietly enough so she could here.
She walked over and slid down into the basement.
"Morning... or afternoon."
"Why do you need us?" Jihyo asked with eyes all over her.
"We just heard from the two guards in the warehouse, that there were two people stealing."
Nayeon and Jihyo looked at each other and tried to stay calm.
"Really? Do you know who it was?" Nayeon asked in shock.
"I was wondering if you guys heard anything, like running or shouting." Jeongyeon looked back the two frequently.

"I heard running going towards Han River." Jihyo lied.
"Okay, we'll check there first." Jeongyeon climbed back through the hole.
"Dammit, what if we get caught?" Nayeon panicked, then her friend calmed her down.
"We won't if you just act normally and try not to give yourself away."
They sat down on the one mattress.
Jihyo sighed, "We could go to Han River and watch the water."
Nayeon nodded her head as Jihyo started to exit the basement.

As they arrived and sat on a lone bench watching as the sun shone onto the water causing a glare effect across.
Not bothered by the fact that workers were gathering water for growing crops.
"This is soothing."
"I told you."
They kept watching for a while until one of them spoke again.

"Remember when everything wasn't corrupted and dreadful?" Nayeon started.
Jihyo looked at her, listening eagerly.
"We always came here every time it was summer break with me, you and Jeongyeon."
She nodded in agreement.
Before everything went down, they had perfect lives and now where has it all gone?

Suddenly, they heard a shout from the bridge, a few guards and a girl could be seen.
The girl struggled as she was being captured by them.
"What's going on over there?" Jihyo questioned.
They both got onto the bridge, but as they looked closer, a girl with red hair was getting carried as her hands were cuffed.
"I didn't steal from the warehouse! Let me go!" She shouted and struggled.
"Stop rustling, your friend isn't here to save you." One of the guards spoke.

"I never stole from the warehouse and I never went there with a friend. LET ME GO!" 
No use.
"We finally got one of them." It was Jeongyeon again, standing there with crossed arms.
"You think it was her?" Nayeon asked.
"People keep seeing her roaming around other people's property and stealing from others so we assume it was her."
"You said one of them." Jihyo said.
"Yes, because there were two, but she won't budge. We're keeping her locked up in the jail cell." She started to walk away from them.
"Thanks to you guys we caught her."

However, they didn't feel good about this. A girl who wasn't even a part of this somehow was guilty.
"What are we going to do?" Nayeon panicked once again.
"We have to help her, there has to be a way."