Planning for War

We see Toothless chained getting put on the ship as well as other weapons.

Stoick: Set sail! We head for Helheim's Gate. (Sees Hiccup looking at him)

Stoick (cont.): (to a chained Toothless) Lead us home, Devil.

Later still at the docks

Asher: It's a mess. You must feel horrible. You've lost everything. Your father, your tribe, your best friend…

Hiccup: No only my best friend he was never my father, I was never a viking so I can't lose a tribe. But thank you for summing that up. Why couldn't I've been born normal and just killed that dragon when I found him in the woods? It would have been better for everyone.

Asher: Yep. The rest of us would have done it. So why didn't you?... Why didn't you?

Hiccup: I don't know. I couldn't.

Asher: That's not an answer.

Hiccup: Technically from my experience it is. Why is this so important to you all of a sudden?

Asher: Because I want to remember what you say, right now.

Hiccup: Oh, for the love of-- I was a coward! I was weak! I wouldn't kill a dragon!

Asher: You said "wouldn't" that time.

Hiccup: Whatever! I wouldn't! Three hundred years, and I'm the first person born in a viking tribe who wouldn't kill a dragon!

Asher: First to ride one, though. So...?

Hiccup: ...I wouldn't kill him because he when I looked at him I saw someone who was lonely and a thing like no one understand. I looked at him, and I saw myself.

Asher: I bet he's really frightened now. What are you going to do about it?

Hiccup: Eh, probably something stupid.

Asher: Good. But you've already done that.

Hiccup: Then something crazy! (Runs off)

Asher: That's more like it!

cut to the ships

Stoick: Sound your positions. Stay within earshot.

Viking #1: Here.

Viking #2: One length to your stern.

Viking #3: On your starboard flank.

Viking #4: Three widths to port.

Viking #5: Ahead, at your bow.

Viking #6: Haven't a clue.

Gobber: Listen... Stoick... I was overhearing some of the men just now and, well, some of them are wondering what it is we're up to here-- not me of course, I know you're always the man with the plan-- but some, not me, are wondering if there is in fact a plan at all, what it might be?

Stoick: Find the nest and take it.

Gobber: Ah. Of course. Send them running. The old Viking fallback. Nice and simple.

Stoick: Shhh. (Sees Toothless movements)

Stoick (cont.): Step aside. (Stirs the ship)

Viking: Bear to port.

In the ring

Fishlegs (o.s.): If you're planning on getting eaten, I'd definitely go with the Gronckle.

Tuffnut: You were wise to seek help from the world's most deadly weapon. That's me.

Hiccup: Uh…

Snotlout: I love this plan!

Hiccup: I didn't…

Ruffnut: You're crazy! I like that…

Hiccup: Getting weird now.

Asher: So? What is the plan?

Back to the ships

Gobber: Ah. I was wondering where that went.

Stoick: Stay low and ready your weapons. We're here.

[At the arena, Hiccup has released the Monstrous Nightmare. She gently guides it toward Snotlout, who is scared and grabs a knife.]

Asher: Uh-uh.

Hiccup grabs Snotlout arm.

Snotlout: Wait! What are you--?!

Hiccup: Relax. It's okay... it's okay. [ Switches out her hand for Snotlout's who bonds with the Nightmare and is surprised]

Hiccup walks off

Snotlout: Where are you going?!

Hiccup: You're going to need something to help you hold on.

[The teens glance at the three other dragons, all out of their cages]