The Whole Truth

[Scene cuts to at the cove]

Hiccup: ...LEAVING! We're leaving. Let's pack up. Looks like you and me are taking a little vacation, forever. Ah, man... (Scrape see Asher with his axe) Aggh! What the-- What are you doing here?

Asher: I want to know what's going on. No one just gets as good as you do. Especially you. Start talking! Are you training with someone?

Hiccup: Uh... training?

Asher: It better not involve this!

Hiccup: I told you I've been hanging with Toothless my Night Fury. Not my fault you don't believe me and since no one does and I refuse to kill I'm leaving forever.

[Asher bends her arm backward, making an audible cracking noise, forcing her to the ground.]

Hiccup (cont.): OW! Why would you DO that?!

Asher: That's for the lies.

[Asher drops her axe handle on her gut]

Asher (cont.): And THAT'S for everything else.

Hiccup: [In pain] Oh, man. I didn't lie. And what's everything else is it because the truth hurts.

[Toothless comes from behind a rock, growling]

Asher: Get down! RUN! RUN!

Hiccup: NO! (Disarms Asher) No. It's okay! It's okay... he's a friend. It's okay. (Looks at Asher) You just scared him.

Asher: I scared him?! Who is "him"?

Hiccup: Like I told yo, Toothless. Oh Toothless, this is Asher.

[Asher runs away, threatening to expose them]

Hiccup: (towards Asher) Oh come on! I told you the truth!

[Toothless leaves]

Hiccup (cont.): Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! Where do you think you're going?!

[Asher's running through the forest, Toothless suddenly swoops down and picks him up]

Asher: AH! Oh, Great Odin's ghost! Oh, this is it!

[Toothless deposits him on a pine tree]

Asher (cont.): Hiccup, get me down from here!

Hiccup: You know I can't believe you expected you could outrun a Night Fury to tell the village I have a Night Fury which when I told them no one believed. Now since you were rude and just ran off I believe you at least owe me a chance to show you you were wrong.

Asher: I am not listening to ANYTHING you have to say!

Hiccup: Ok fine have fun getting down. (Starts to fly down)

Asher: (looks down) Okay fine get me down. Now. (Gets on Toothless)

Hiccup: Toothless, down. Gently. See? Nothing to be afraid of.

[Toothless blasts off the tree, Asher sliding off his back]

Hiccup (cont.): WHOA!! TOOTHLESS! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! BAD DRAGON! (Asher grabs tightly onto Hiccup) He's not usually like this. Oh, no...Toothless, what are you doing?! We need him to like you remember. And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile.

Asher: (cowering into Hiccups back) Okay! I am sorry! I'm sorry! Just get me off of this thing!

[Toothless slows down and glides above the clouds slowly and Asher is amazed]

Asher: Wow.

Hiccup: Yes I know but can you please move your hands down. They're too high for my confort.

Asher: (Blushes and moves his hands down) Sorry.

Hiccup: I know you were just scared. Well let me have time to show you everything.

Asher: Ok.

Skip to night

Asher (cont.): Alright, I admit it. This is pretty cool. It's... amazing. He's amazing. (Pets Toothless) So what now? Hiccup, your final exam is tomorrow. You know you're going to have to kill a... [Whispers to Hiccup so Toothless doesn't hear] kill a dragon.

Hiccup: Don't remind me.

[Toothless suddenly dodges]

Hiccup (cont.): Toothless, what's happening? Whoa, what is it?

[They find themselves in a middle of a flock of dragons. They are carrying food en masse toward the island.]

Hiccup (cont.): Get down!

Asher: What's going on?

Hiccup: I don't know. Toothless. You've got to get us out of here, bud.

[Toothless ignores them]

Hiccup (cont.): It looks like they're hauling in their kill.

Asher: Uh, what does that make us?

(They fly into the nest)

Hiccup: What my dad wouldn't give to find this.

[They land in Dragon's Nest as swarms of dragons throw their offerings into the lava below.]

Hiccup: [Sarcastically] It's satisfying to know that all of our food has been dumped down a hole.

Asher: They're not eating any of it.

[A Gronckle delivers only a single tiny fish. A roar is heard from below and the Gronckle squeals in terror tries to fly away but a colossal dragon emerges from the lava pit and eats the Gronckle alive. All the other dragons cower in terror before the giant creature.]

Asher: What... is that?

Hiccup: Alright, buddy, we gotta get out of here. Now!

[Toothless escapes and all the dragons flee. The Red Death lunges at Toothless but grabs a Zippleback instead. Toothless and his riders fly off to a beach and land.]

Asher: No, it totally makes sense. It's like a giant beehive. They're the workers, and that's their queen. It controls them. Let's find your Dad.

Hiccup: No, no! Not yet. They'll... kill Toothless. Asher, we have to think this through carefully.

Asher: Hiccup, we just discovered the Dragons' Nest. The thing we've been after since Vikings first sailed here. And you want to keep it a secret?! To protect your pet dragon?! Are you serious?!

Hiccup: No, I want to prove I was right about the dragons not being evil. It's not their fault it's their queens. And I will keep that nest hidden from the whole world if it means that Toothless my best friend gets to live.

Asher: Okay. Then what do we do?

Hiccup: Just give me until tomorrow. I'll figure something out.

Asher: Okay.

Astrid (cont.): [punches her] That's for kidnapping me.

Hiccup: Well you just ran away what else was I supposed to-

Asher (cont.): [kisses her] That's for... everything else. (Leaves)

Hiccup: (to Toothless who is starting at her) What are you looking at?