The Worse Fight

[Scene cuts to at the Arena]

Stoick: Well, I can show my face in public again! If someone had told me that in just few short weeks, Hiccup would go from being, well... Hiccup, to placing first in Dragon Training... Well, I would've tied him to a mast and shipped him off for fear he'd gone mad. Yes! And you know it! But here we are. And no one's more surprised...or more proud than I am. Today, my little girl becomes a Viking. TODAY, SHE BECOMES ONE OF US! (Hiccup listening from the ring entrance)

Hiccup: Well that's not comforting.

Asher: Be careful with that dragon.

Hiccup: (Glances at Stoick) It's not the dragon I'm worried about.

Asher: What are you gonna do?

Hiccup: Show them I am right.

[he eyes her, dubious.]

Hiccup (cont.): I have to try. Asher, if something goes wrong... just make sure they don't find Toothless.

Asher: I will. Just... promise me it won't go wrong.

Hiccup: You know I can't.

Gobber: It's time, Hiccup. Knock him dead.

Tuffnut: Show 'em how it's done, my man- uh my wo-man!

[Hiccup enters the Arena and picks a dagger from the weapons stand]

Stoick: Hrmph. I would've gone for the hammer.

Hiccup: I'm ready.

[They release the Monstrous Nightmare. Hiccup drops her gear as the Nightmare slowly approaches, raising her hand like how she did to Toothless]

Stoick: What is she doing?

Hiccup: It's okay. It's okay. [throws helmet onto floor] I'm not one of them.

Stoick: Stop the fight.

Hiccup: No! I need you all to see this. They're not what we think they are. We don't have to kill them.

Stoick: I SAID STOP THE FIGHT! [slams hammer against the Arena railings, agitating the Nightmare and he starts attacking which causes Toothless to hear Hiccups screams] Out of my way!

[Frightened, the Nightmare attacks and chasing Hiccup]

Asher: Hiccup! HICCUP! [enters the ring]

Stoick: This way!

[Asher escapes, but Hiccup is pinned under the Nightmare's claws. Suddenly, a resonating blast fires at the Arena's railing. Toothless jumps into the Arena. The smoke clears up, revealing the two dragons fighting]

Gobber: Night Fury!

(Toothless stops the Nightmare from attacking and Hiccup tries to push Toothless out)

Hiccup: Alright, Toothless, go. Get out of here!

Vikings: Night Fury!

Hiccup: Go! GO!

Viking: Take it alive!

Asher: Stoick, no!

Hiccup: No, Dad, he won't hurt you!

Hiccup (cont.): No, don't! You're only making it worse! (Toothless fighting off Vikings) Toothless, STOP!

Hiccup (cont.): No! NOOOOO! (Toothless stop)

Viking: Get him!

Hiccup: (Toothless gets pinned) No! Please, jus-- just don't hurt him! Please don't hurt him.

Stoick: Put it with the others!

scene change to Hiccup getting shoved into the great hall.

Stoick: I should have known. I should have seen the signs.

Hiccup: Dad--

Stoick: We had a deal!

Hiccup: No we had a one sided deal.

Stoick: So everything in the ring... A trick?! A lie?

Hiccup: I never liked I told everyone what I did in the ring and that I was hanging out with a Night Fury. I even told you about him but it's not my fault you didn't believe me. Now if your made and hate me fine you want to take this out on something take it out on me, be mad at me, but please... just don't hurt Toothless.

Stoick: The dragon? That's what you're worried about? Not the people you almost killed?!

Hiccup: He was just protecting me! He's not dangerous. He never would have even came if you hadn't slammed your hammer on the fence scarring that poor innocent Nightmare.

Stoick: INNOCENT! They've killed HUNDREDS OF US!

Hiccup: AND WE'VE KILLED THOUSANDS OF THEM! They defend themselves, that's all! They raid us because they have to! If they don't bring enough food back, they'll be eaten themselves. But you wouldn't care about because you are kill first ask questions later. There's something else on their island, Dad... it's a dragon like--

Stoick: --Their island? So you've been to the nest.

Hiccup: See your doing even now. Not listening and only hearing what you want to hear.

Stoick: How did you find it?!

Hiccup: No... I didn't. Toothless did. Only a dragon can find the island.

Hiccup (cont.): (Realizes) Oh, no, no. Dad, no! Dad! It's not what you think! You don't know what you're up against! It's like nothing you've ever seen! Dad, please! I promise you that you can't win this one! No! Dad, no! FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE, WOULD YOU PLEASE JUST LISTEN TO ME! (Tries to grab her)

Stoick:(shoves her off) You've thrown your lot in with them. You're not a Viking. You're not my daughter.

Hiccup: You know what your right. I'm  not a viking because I actually have a heart and your also wrong. A daughter respects their parents and cares for them because she knows they will protect them no matter the cost. A father protects his family and accepts his children for who they are no matter what. The point is you're not my father you never were and based on this you never will be!

Stoick (cont.):  READY THE SHIPS!

[Before walking to the docks, Stoick staggers back, realizing the mistake he just made.]