I Know Gobber

[Scene cuts to the Meade Hall where Hiccup shows up wet]

Gobber (o.s.): Alright. Where did Asher go wrong in the ring today?

Asher: I mistimed my somersault dive. It was sloppy. It threw off my reverse tumble.

Ruffnut: [Sarcastically] Yeah, we noticed.

Snotlout: What no you did fine.

Gobber: He's right, you have to be tough on yourselves. Where did Hiccup go wrong? (Hiccup grabs a plate with food and walks while Snotlout blocks so she can't sit down)

Ruffnut: Uh, she showed up?

Tuffnut: She didn't get eaten.

Asher: She's never where he should be.

Gobber: Thank you, Asher. (Hiccup sits alone) You need to live and breathe this stuff. The Dragon Manual. Everything we know about every dragon we know of. (He put manuals on the table)

[Thunder roars]

Gobber (cont.): No attacks tonight. Study up.

Tuffnut: Wait, you mean, read?

Ruffnut: While we're still alive?

Hiccup: (whisper) Planning to read when you're dead.

Snotlout: Why read words when you can just kill the stuff the words tell you stuff about?

Fishlegs: Oh! I've read it like, seven times. There's this water dragon that sprays boiling water at your face. And--And there's this other one that buries itself for like a week--

Tuffnut: Yeah, that sounds great. See, there was a chance I was going to read that...

Ruffnut: ...But, now...

Snotlout: You guys read, I'll go kill stuff.

Fishlegs: Oh, and there's this other one that has these spines that look like trees…

(They leave)

Hiccup: So I guess we'll share? (Looks at the manual)

Astrid: Read it. (Shoves it towards her)

Hiccup: How do you plan on becoming a great viking if you can't follow orders.

Asher: (turns back around madly) I'm  already a great viking you are the one  that needs help with it why are you even in training anyways?

Hiccup: Dad's forcing me. However your not a great viking a great viking follows orders from their superiors no matter how small the task. And as for me being a viking I'm not because I don't cold blooded kill for no reason. (Gets in his face) But you haven't killed anything either so I guess that also makes you not a viking. Thanks for the book. See you at training. (Leaves Asher dumbfounded)

[Hiccup flips open the book in her room, reading its contents]

Hiccup: Dragon classifications. Strike Class, Fear Class, Mystery Class.

Hiccup (cont.): Thunderdrum: This reclusive dragon inhabits sea caves and dark tide pools. When startled, the Thunderdrum produces a concussive sound that can kill a man at close range. Extremely dangerous, kill on sight. Timberjack: This gigantic creature has razor sharp wings that can slice through full grown trees. Extremely dangerous, kill on sight. Scauldron: Sprays scalding water at its victim. Extremely dangerous. Changewing: Even newly hatched dragons can spray acid. Kill on sight. Gronckle, Zippleback, The Skrill, Boneknapper, Whispering Death. Burns its victims, buries its victims, chokes its victims, turns its victims inside-out. Extremely dangerous, extremely dangerous, kill on sight, kill on sight, kill on sight... [flips to the Night Fury page. No picture or information is shown on the page.] Night Fury: Speed, unknown. Size, unknown. The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself. Never engage this dragon. Your only chance, hide and pray it does not find you. All lies. (Closes the book)

[Scene cuts to several longships gliding through fog]

Stoick: I can almost smell them. They're close. Steady.

Stoick (cont.): Take us in.

Viking: Hard to port... for Helheim's gate.

[The boats disappear in the fog. A sudden jumpscare shows dragons attacking.]

Cut to right before training starts with the teens

Snotlout: So what do you guys think we will be fighting against today?

Tuffnut: Oh I think it's a-

Hiccup: Nadder.

Snotlout: I wasn't asking you.

Hiccup: I know just telling you it's gonna be a Nadder.

Ruffnut: And how would you know that?

Hiccup: Cause I know Gobber he doesn't do the same thing two days in a row so it can't be a gronckle, Terrible Terrors would be considered to easy to start with for him, Zipplebacks are for more advanced but not to advance, and The Nightmare only gets fight by the best out of all six of us, or the best out of you five.

Asher: No way you can know that just by-

Gobber: (shows up) I hope your ready to face a Nadder like Hiccup told you.

Asher dumbfounded

Fishlegs: How did you know Hiccup told us.

Asher: Wait did you tell her that-

Gobber: No she just knows my ranking of dragons, and my teaching methods, and that the Nightmare is reserved so let's get started.

Hiccup: See.