28

"You ready for today?" Ashley asked Dylan as she did his tie.

"Yes," he nodded, his worried gaze not fixed on something specific, which showed how nervous he is for today.

Ashley finished doing the tie then rested her palms on his shoulders. "You know it will be okay, right? We already talked about it, and whatever the outcome is, I will be by your side supporting you. And of course, we all will be supporting him, no matter what!"

He gave a firm nod, "I know..." he let out a shaky breath as she squeezed his shoulders. "I am prepared."

Ashley smiled at him softly, that smile that gave him so much courage. " I love you, and I am here."

He leaned into her so that he was grazing her lips with his. "I love you too."

...

"Shouldn't we both be there with them, father?" Archer asked as he watched his father being dressed with the help of his servants.

"No, Archer. One of us has to be here with the people." King Steven looked at him for a moment then returned to watching his attire in the mirror. "I will go and will update you."

Archer let out a defeated sigh, knowing that his father was right and he wouldn't win that battle with him, but he had to try one last time. "But father,..." he paused. "I miss her. It has been like three months since the last time I saw her."

King Steven's heart ached for his son's broken tone. "Leave us." He ordered as the servants wasted no time, piling out of the room, leaving them with their privacy.

"I am sorry, father, but you know how she is."

King Steven neared his son with sorry eyes. "I know, son, but that's how it is for now." Archer nodded. "And I am sure that eventually, she will come around; just hold on there a little bit." He nudged his son's arm playfully, which earned him a sad smile from Archer. He then checked his wristwatch. "I have to go now, and I promise to fill you in." Archer once again nodded, not feeling like talking at the moment as King Steven started making his way out of his grande room, but he stopped suddenly, remembering that subject he has meant to talk with Archer about. "Ah!" Archer shifted his attention from the ground to his father again. "We shall have an important discussion as soon as I come back."

Archer frowned, "what kind of discussion?" His father just had this wary yet sorry look in his eyes that made Archer uncomfortable.

"An important one!" With that, King Steven hurried out of the room to catch his flight, leaving confused yet worried Archer with no more elaborating.

What could he possibly be hiding? Archer thought to himself.

...

Bella was taking a stroll in the nice weather through their huge garden.

Today she was wearing comfy baggy cotton pants with a thin, elegant blouse. She didn't feel like dressing fancy as a princess, yet she had to with a touch of comfortability.

Even her hair that she always complained about it in days like those, warm and windy that she always tied it up, today she just let it down, bothering her as it flew all over her face in all directions.

She hasn't been eating well or concentrating on her training before getting thinner and paler. She was a mess, and she knew it.

"What are you thinking about?" What exactly is she thinking about?

She couldn't point out what exactly has been occupying her mind.

Her brain was working non-stop, that she has been having sleeping troubles for the last two months.