14

"Stop stalling around and tell us already," Bella demanded, crossing her arms.

It had been a week now since Dylan got stabbed, and he suffered a lot from this injury. Now he was back in the traitors' palace.

"We already know it but need your version of the story," Tia spoke in all business mood. She was never like that, which meant it was something dangerous and important that made Dylan's insides shiver.

Bella and Tia have been trying to let him tell them about what really happened and how didn't he defend himself, but he wasn't budging and stuck to the lame story he told everyone else.

"What do you know?" Dylan asked, trying to act that he has no idea what they are talking about. "You know nothing."

"Okay, then we gave you a week, and that's more than enough so that we will deal with it on our own." Bella decided, getting up from the chair.

"Deal with what exactly?"

"Deal with Ashley," Tia replied bluntly, making her way with Bella out of his room.

"Wait! What? How... No, wait, please." Dylan almost pleaded worry laced in his voice as he already knew what his sisters are up to.

"Then tell us!" Tia demanded. Despite her innocent facade, she can be scary when she wants to.

"Okay. Just sit, please." And they did as he said, waiting for him to talk. He took a deep breath then started. "Okay, so you know I already had feelings for her.." Bella scoffed, and Tia rolled her eyes at the statement. "Anyways,..."

While I was sitting in my room thinking of what to do, I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in."

And here in all her glory and beauty stood Ashley at my doorstep, looking at me with those piercing beautiful eyes.

"Cut us those horrible fantasy details of yours, Dyl, will ya?" Bella cut him off, annoyed at how much he is falling for that girl in such a short time.

"Yeah, okay, sorry." Dylan apologized then continued.

"Uh.. oh, hello princess, what could I do to you?"

She didn't utter a word and just kept looking at me in the eyes.

She then took a step forward, closing the door behind her.

And that made me more nervous, not nervous in a bad way but nervous because this beautiful bold girl and I were in the same room with a closed door.

"Princess..?"

She kept silent and took slow forward steps towards me, not breaking eye contact, and with every step she took, my heart beats faster.

"Princess Ashley, what ar--"

She cut me off by putting the finger on my mouth, and god!! Her touch was really something.

"Moving on.." Tia said annoyingly.

Dylan cleared his throat "okay, yeah..." then continued.

"Shh.. just stay quiet." She told me her finger still brushing on my lips, making me gulp hard, closing my eyes in the process as it was already too hard for me to utter a single word with her that close to me.

Then I felt something cold ripping through my chest, making me yelp in pain.

I opened my eyes rapidly, meeting Ashley's to find her eyes so dark full of hate, having a wicked smile on her face.

"You are really dumb; you know that." She remarked, but I couldn't say anything. I was in so much pain and betrayed by her.

She then took the knife out of my chest, leaving my body to fall on the floor with blood smearing everywhere around me, and I couldn't call for help. The pain was unbearable; I could barely lift a finger. "Rest in peace, Prince Dylan." And that was the last thing I heard before I was knocked out with her beautiful face the last I had seen. I thought that maybe it was really my end, on the hands of my only love.