16

"So no objections!" King Steven warned, ready to reveal who will get married as king Evans just informed him. "whatever they decide, you will gladly accept it."

Archer nodded his head while Ashley replied, "okay, father." She already felt guilty for what she did and how stupid she was. She also was convinced that she deserved what they did to her, so if she is the one who ended up getting married, she won't get upset even if they were going to plot revenge on her and torture her.

As for Archer, he wished that Bella would agree to marry him. He knew she loved her brother a lot and would do anything for him, but she also isn't a committed person. She would make an awesome queen, ruling the kingdom by his side, but she wasn't ready for marriage, she doesn't like the idea of relationships, and she showed it in so many ways already.

He also was worried about his sister; what if Dylan chose to marry her? Would he treat her good? Would he get revenge on her? Probably not, He saved her already from them, and his eyes say it all. But having Bella and Tia as his sisters would definitely threaten Ashley's life and marriage, he was afraid they would torture her, but he also knew king Evans wouldn't allow it. Well, you never really know, so he just kept hoping.

"Dylan decided to marry Ashley." And king Steven revealed the waiting news startling both of his children.

"No, father, you can't allow that what if--" Archer was now freaking out; yes, he was disappointed that Bella didn't choose him, but he also was worried about his sister.

"No objections Archer." King Steven cut him off. "you brought it upon yourselves. Either that or Ashley being put in a cell for an agonizingly long time." He knew that he wouldn't win his father in that one. His father was right. They did wrong, and they were paying for it.

Ashley, on the other hand, just kept quiet. She didn't argue nor object. She felt happy? Yes, she felt strangely happy and was smiling now that Archer got confused. She felt that she would make everything right now; that was her chance to apologize to Dylan and feel the same he felt about her. Hopefully, he just wouldn't turn on her, nor would his feelings change by now. But he chose to marry her, that means something, right?

"Ash, you are ok with that?" Archer asked her, breaking her out of her trance.

She shrugged, still smiling "father said no objections, Arch." Her father was attending to an important phone call at her balcony, so he didn't see his daughter's shift in mood.

"You are freaking me out," Archer stated honestly.

"I want to smell some fresh air; I will be in the garden." It was early morning by now; they stayed awake since last night's incident. Archer wasn't feeling well after hearing that news. He felt disappointed, heartbroken, and maybe devastated. Bella doesn't feel the same about him, not even an ounce.

And Ashley being the good twin sister she noticed her brother's distressed mood. "Archer..." she knew how he felt about Bella, and she still jeopardized his possible relationship with her. She was the first girl in so long that Archer had an interest in. And now she felt guilty that she ruined everything for her only brother and best friend."..I...I am sorry."

He nodded, giving her a fake reassuring smile." it's okay, sis, I just..." he took a deep breath." I gotta go." And with that, he left his sister with guilt nipping on her insides, and made his way to the back garden.

Meanwhile, with King Evans' family, Bella argued with her brother about he shouldn't throw his life for her and how he is making amends with the real enemy here, let alone getting married to her.

But she knew it was a lost argument anyway. She wouldn't change her brother's mind. He was so stuck up in his feelings for Ashley. So it was kind of a win-win situation for him.