17

"What? You came to try and kill me too?" Bella raised her brows challengingly at Ashley, who felt offended that she thought about her like that, but who could blame her, Ashley was the one who put herself in that position, and she was paying her dues.

Ashley shook her head, looking at the floor, all her courage slipping out of her by now. "No, and I would never do that again.." Ashley took a deep breath then held her head high to face Bella and say what she came here for and just go. "I know whatever I won't testify what I did, but I am sincerely sorry, Bella, for all that I put you through and for thinking bad about you. I was stupid, dumb, and I admit it, I did wrong terribly wrong but so do you. However, I am still sorry, and I know I still have a long path till I earn your trust. God gave me a second chance, and I am determined to claim it to correct all that I did wrong. I promise I will be a good wife to Dylan and won't hurt him again because he is one of a kind even if I noticed it late..." she paused,. Bella was stunned by all of that, which satisfied Ashley then continued, "I just wanted to tell you that to try and open a new page, just like I did with Tia and will do with Dylan. I am terribly sorry, and I hope you accept my forgiveness, Bella." And she was gone. She wasted no time and flew out of the door, leaving astonished Bella all alone.

Did that just happen? Bella thought. Is she for real?

Bella was impressed and felt the sincerity in Ashley's voice and her eyes said it all anyway. She was really regretting it? Guess Dylan affected her by his charm after all. She didn't know how everything could turn upside down like that,. Still, she definitely was happy for Dylan; she also forgave Ashley already because who was she to not forgive a sincere apology after all the regret and misery that person was in, but she still will watch Ashley closely till she feels that Dylan is truly in safe hands.

"Now back to working our magic, princess Bella." Here came the voice of ,Bella's personal stylist snapping her out of her thoughts and preparing her for the engagement party.

...

"Dylan.." Ashley's sweet voice cut Dylan from the middle of a conversation he was having with one of the businessmen he knew.

They already made their big entrance together,,, but each one went to his separate way to their guests. Dylan wanted to stay with Ashley, he didn't mind, of course, but he knew that she didn't like him, so he gave her her space. So seeing her tapping his shoulder so gently calling his name that sounded only better from her was an extreme surprise for him that made his heart jump from happiness.

"Yes?" Dylan responded completely facing his beautiful fianceè now.

She looked beautiful, breathtaking, and glamorous if possible. Dylan couldn't keep his eyes off her no matter how hard he tried, his eyes were glued to the beauty in front of him, and he noticed how anxious and nervous she was while talking to him, but he couldn't know whether that was a bad or good thing.

"I.." she cleared her throat. "I want to talk about something privately with you." She finally uttered. She felt very nervous and unable to meet his beautiful, distracting eyes that made her feel uneasy.

Dylan, on the other hand, was taken aback by her request. The beautiful Ashley wanted to talk to him? Privately?

However, his happiness came crashing back very quickly; what if that was one of her stunts again?

Luckily Ashley noticed and assured him, "no, no i... I promise I won't try anything like that again. That was low of me and won't happen again." She felt terrible that by her unforgivable behavior, even he had his doubts, and she hoped that she would only mend that trust that she broke.

He then nodded."okay, lead the way."

She walked with him, following her until they entered a storage balcony. It was something strange in their palace but useful in both ways. It was a huge balcony that they used as storage at the same time, it had broken chairs or old unused benches or wardrobes,, etc but it was still a balcony that had a good view and nice fresh air.