4

"I hope prince Dylan doesn't mind that I dance with his beautiful princess," Archer said, looking straight in Bella's eyes. His hands flaming the area his hands rested on, on her lower bareback.

"No, he won't. It is totally fine with us to dance with locals to not make them feel that they are any less of us," Bella replied. Her lips curved up into a tight smile, with her eyes sparkling with danger.

Archer understood the meaning between those lines. His smirk made an appearance, not feeling offended but amused, which made Bella furious.

She wanted to hurt him in a respectful yet indirect way. This man is weird! Bella thought to herself.

"Well, that would be my honor, princess Bella," Archer smirked, his eyes glistening teasingly. He never thought he would be enjoying getting on someone's nerves that much.

As Bella kept having an inside battel with her self and cursing Archer under her breath. Her mind dived with numerous thoughts on how to mistreat him indirectly. On the other hand, Archer was thinking about the gorgeous woman that he is dancing with and her fierce attitude. His train of thoughts brought him minutes before when he went to ask her to dance with him, and she was going to reject him -he was so sure. Yet, one discreet glare from the king at her, followed by her defeated sigh, she finally grasped Archer's extended hand.

He noticed that she doesn't like him like at all. And he didn't help either because he kept teasing her with his stares and smirks that made her more livid with him. Surprisingly, he enjoyed teasing her, so he couldn't help it. He liked working her up even though they just met. Not to mention that he was on a specific mission. Getting attached to a fierce princess wasn't on the list. Her spicy attitude, which was very unusual for a princess, had him having troubles averting his eyes away from her.

Besides, He couldn't help but notice the shiver followed by a very light blush taking over her when his fingers danced on her bareback, leading the dance. It drew a smile on his face knowing he extracted that reaction from her. He also didn't deny the sparks that he felt when he touched her; it made him hot and bothered.

He felt like there was way beyond the tough exterior this beautiful princess put on for the world and media to capture. He craved to get closer, revealing the authentic princess Bella. He was mesmerized by her since he laid his eyes on her. Yet, he knows he can't advance on his feelings. He has specific orders to follow, and that's it.

Bella finally stopped dancing, snapping Archer from his daydreaming about her.

He looked at her, confused while she raised her brows. "The song is done, we agreed to dance on one song."

And that's when the realization downed to him feeling slightly disappointed and bitter. He nodded, looking at the ground wishing that the stupid song would have been longer to enjoy the feeling of her close to him.

Then again, Bella cleared her throat, gaining his attention. He looked puzzled at her while she pointed at his hands, still resting on her bare lower back.

She felt uncomfortable under his touch. It made her nervous; why? She doesn't like to feel anxious nor insecure around anyone except her family. Still, Archer had other thoughts; in fact, he enjoyed touching and holding her soft skin. His disappointment intensified when he removed his hands.

Annoyingly, Bella missed the warmth that his hands provided her back from that revealing stupid dress that her stylist convinced her to wear.

She straightened herself, ready to make her way out if here away from this arch boy when he talked, preventing her from any future movements.