8

Bella ran, she just ran away from that suffocating room, wishing she could just blend with the nipping wind. She ran as soon as those triggering words hit her ears, not caring about who was there or witnessed her on the verge of falling apart.

Plane crash. A bomb. People died. Those words kept replaying in her head, drawing back the sad memories as soon as she heard those words.

●●●

In her own mansion, Bella was waiting for her parents to come back from the business meeting that had to do something with the kingdom in another country away from them.

She was a ten-year-old innocent girl and couldn't understand exactly what they went for except for what she was told.

She knew her parents were the second in command for taking the King's place if her uncle didn't want to continue ruling the kingdom, and that was happening soon as her uncle Evans was tired of the throne. He decided to rest with his wife, Queen Santana, and their two children, Bella's cousins leaving the kingdom matters to her father, King Xavier, and her mother, Queen Sofia.

But that all didn't happen as soon as the tragic news came hitting like a ton of bricks Bella while she was reading a book in the massive library that they had in King Xavier's mansion as people call it.

A knock on the door was heard, and Bella shouted a "come in." To whoever servant was knocking on the door.

"Princess Bella," The female servant bowed respectfully. At the same time, Bella nodded at her permitting her to inform her about why she came now disturbing her reading time as they all knew that Bella doesn't like it when someone disturbs her reading time. She would be so into the book, diving in her imagination. "Sorry for the disturbance, princess, b..but you are needed in the guests' hall urgently." The servant spoke sadness, lacing her face with her pitiful eyes looking at Bella.

It was in the middle of the day, and Bella knew that her parents wouldn't be returning except tomorrow morning to celebrate her birthday with a large party as usual for the princess.

So who could it be who wanted to meet Bella now and for what matter urgently!?

Bella nodded her head, dismissing the servant who bowed at her then went on her way. Then Bella closed the book leaving it on the small table beside her comfy armchair standing up; she fixed her long gold rose gown.

She loved that dress a lot, mostly that it was in her color. And it gave her the mature princess vibes. As she always tried her best to be the respectful princess that her parents would be proud of with still wearing the traditional gowns and acting in a ladylike manner to be an obedient princess.

Bella went down, and the two guards on the guest room door opened the large doors for her as soon as they noticed her arrival. They bowed as one of them announced her entrance.

Upon the doors' opening, it revealed King Evans. Her uncle was standing in the middle of the guest room with his wife, aunt Santana sitting on the fancy sofa with her wet cheeks and falling tears that she wiped them hurriedly as soon as she glimpsed Bella, trying to hide her weeping face.

Bella immediately speed-walked to her uncle, not ruining her princess image by running or destroying her beautiful long gown with panic taking over her body.

"What happened, Uncle?" Bella asked, panicky. Her eyes traveled between her uncle's grave face then looked at her, barely controlling her emotions, aunt. "Why is aunt Santana crying like that?"

King Evans looked in Bella's eyes. His own eyes portray the grieve and unshed tears threatening to fall, trying not to break down in front of her, nor is he able to break the unfortunate news.