Chapter 17

Chapter Seventeen

"Oh my goodness, Hailey come and look! I think this is the one." Chelsea said as she stepped out of the little dressing room. She was wearing a floor length dress. It was strapless and tight fitting at the top, but flowed out at the bottom.

It was Wednesday, two days till the dance, and she literally dragged me here. With the help of Cayden. He told me that if I came with him he would get me ice cream. So naturally I went with him.

That was a bas idea. He got me to the mall and dragged me kicking and screaming into the dress shop. I learned one thing today, and that was not to go with Cayden when he offers you food.

She went up to the mirror and spun around a couple of times. This dress looked absolutely stunning on her slim body. "I love it! You look gorgeous Chelsea." I got up and hugged her.

"Really? Because you can tell me if its horrible. I wouldn't be mad." She said and smiled sadly at me.

"Really, that dress is amazing. I cant believe that nobody asked you out to the dance yet." I said and smiled her.

She laughed nervously and played with her thumbs. "Yeah, about that, I actually have a date to the dance. He asked me today." I knew she had been hiding something from me!

"WHO IS IT?" I screamed in her ear.

"Gosh Hails, ever heard of and indoor voice? I think that you have been spending a little to much time with Cayden now a days." She laughed a little. "And Max asked me today after lunch." She blushed and looked at the floor.

Aww, she is to cute! I glared at her. "And I am just hearing about it now?" I said trying to sound angry, but truthfully I could have cared less. At least she told me.

"Yeah, sorry about that. It kind of just slipped my mind."

"Sure it did. Anyway, lets get you out of that dress so we can go eat. I'm hungry!"

"Nope, you aren't getting out of this that easy. You haven't even tried on a single dress. If I let you take one step out of that door without a dress I'm pretty sure that Cayden would kill me." She said and walked back into the dressing cubical to change.

Once she was done she dragged me out of the dressing room and to the many racks of dresses in the store. I started to go through the racks to see if I could find a decent dress that I could wear.

After about ten minutes the best thing that I came up with was a huge rainbow dress that was puffy all over the place. It was hideous, and trust me you didn't want to see the others.

"Chelsea!" I whined and walked over to her.

"What now Hails?" she sighed and stopped looking. Her arms were full of dresses.

"I cant find anything. The best thing I found was a rainbow dress that was big and puffy. At first I thought it was a cotton candy machine. It was horrid!"

She laughed. "How about you look over here for a couple more minutes and the you can try on the stuff that we pull together."

"Fine" I huffed and started to dig through the racks for the right dress.

In the end I came up with three dresses. One was short and black. To be honest I was seriously considering about putting it back. I mostly just grabbed it so that Chelsea wouldn't get mad at me for not picking anything.

The next one was navy blue and stopped about and inch above my knee. It had one strap on one shoulder and was form fitting. The last one was my favorite. But you can never tell if it will be your favorite on your body.