Chapter 8

Chapter 8

“Hey Alison, do you need help with supper?” I asked her as I walked into the kitchen. “Aww, aren’t you the sweetest girl. Cayden, take notes. You could learn a thing or two from Hailey.” said Alison and smiled up at me and then shot and annoyed look to Cayden who was stuffing his face with chips on the bar stool.

“Honey, I have been cooking for my boys for about as long as I can remember. But thanks anyway hon. Why don’t you go watch tv or do something until supper is ready.” “Thanks”

I managed to find the living room where Colten, his friend Carson, and another guy that I recognized as Cayden’s friend Max. “Hey people, mind if I join you?” I asked hopeful that they would say yes.

Carson smirked at me and said, “Baby, you can join me anytime you want.” As soon as he said that Colten tackled him to the ground and punched him in the gut. “You better not talk to like that ever again.” Colten said through clenched teeth.

What was up with him? Whatever. I went over to the couch and sat down on the way end. Colten had gotten off of Carson and came ands sat next to me. My stomach burst into butterflies. What the crap is happening to me? Gosh, I’m turning into one of those frilly cheerleaders. This has to stop now.

I turned and looked at the tv. They were watching one of my favorite shows, Deadliest Catch. “Yes, I love this show!” I squealed. Carson looked over at me like I had just swallowed a fish or something. “What Carson?” I asked trying not to sound as annoyed as I am.

“You like this show?” he asked with his eyes looking as if they were going to fall out of his head. “No Carson, I just say that I love this show and that translates to this is the worst show ever and I am going to break the tv if you don’t turn it off.” I said. Notice the sarcasm.

“Well sorry, I didn’t think that normal girls liked this kind of stuff.” Carson said. O wow, he was one of those stupid boys that thought all girls revolve around their hair, make-up, and what clothes they should wear. I hate those type of people. “Well Carson, I am not a normal girl.” I said and got up and left the room. I had to get out of there before my fist accidentally slipped and collided with his nose.

I quickly walked out and walked out into the hallway trying to find something that will occupy my precious time until supper is ready. Once again, I got lost. I was in some hallway that had a bunch of family pictures on.

It started off from the youngest to the oldest. So naturally, Nick was first. The wall didn’t have pictures from when the kids were babies because they wouldn’t all fit. Nick’s youngest picture was his senior picture.

I moved on all the way to Colten’s picture because I was curious to what he looked like when he was younger. The picture that was shown was Colten when he looked to be 10 or 11. He had on a blue shirt and jeans. The scene around him looked like they were at a lake or a cabin. He was adorable. I was surprised to see that his eyes didn’t change one bit. They were still the color of that incredible blue.

The picture next to that looked like it was Colten and Brandon right after some water fight. They were both soaked. The little boys had huge smiles on their faces and each had an arm around one another. Colten looked to be about 9 so that meant that Brandon was about 8.

Before I could look at anymore of the pictures I felt someone come up to me and grab me from behind. I let out a little shriek of surprise. Quickly I turned around to see who the person was that was invading my space.

When I turned I came face to face with a very amused Cayden. I smacked him in his hard chest. “What the monkey crap what that for you jack donkey!?” I screamed at him.

He just laughed at what I had said. That stupid inconsiderate boy. “What is the reason you have for invading my personal space? Was it just to scare me and make me almost pee my pants?” I asked him in a very annoyed tone.

“Well I was giving the mission to come and find you and bring you to supper. Mom didn’t want to use the intercom because Sabrina is sleeping. As for invading your ’personal space’, you were looking so serious and I just needed a good laugh. Sorry Hails, I didn’t think that you would freak out that much.” he said. I was surprised he could get that out all in one breath.

“It’s fine. Lets just go, I’m starving.” I said and dragged his arm the way that I thought was to the kitchen. To my surprise, I went the right way and didn’t get lost.

I walked into the kitchen to see Alison trying to carry as many dishes of food as she could. This lady is really crazy. Quickly I ran up to her and grabbed two of the plates from her hand. “Alison you really shouldn’t do that. You’ll probably end up dropping something or hurting someone.” I said as I walked over to the table and sat the dishes down.

Tonight I made sure that I sit on the farthest seat down from the twins. Also, I decided to sit next to Colten so he could cover me and take the brunt of the food if it was thrown my way. And yes, that wasn’t the only reason.

It looked like Alison had made ham and turkey sandwiches with noodle salads and jello for the little ones. That stuff might be for the little ones, but I was still gonna get my hands on some of that. Childish, but whatever. That stuff is almost better than ice-cream. Almost.

Supper went past surprisingly quiet. I would love it if that was always the case. I think that the most surprising thing was that I didn’t get splattered with food. That is a great day in my book.

I was almost done with my amazing ham sandwich when the peaceful silence was broken. Colten was the one to break it. “Hey mom, dad tomorrow is Friday and after school on of my buddies is having a party. I was wondering if I could go?” he asked. Now that is a responsible boy. Asking his parents to go to a party instead of going on their own.

“Yeah of course Colten. Thanks for asking. Anyone else going?” asked Austin. Cayden, Cody, and Brandon raised their hand. “Ok, if any of you need a ride make sure you call your mom or me. We’ll come and pick you up no matter how intoxicated you are. By the way, if any of you are wasted you will be grounded for two weeks.” he said and went back to eating.

I was about to take a bite of my ham deliciousness when someone jabbed mw in the arm. I looked over to see a smirking Colten. I shot him a glare and said, “Why in the world would you kill my attempt to eat this amazing hammy goodness?”

He laughed. “Sorry didn’t mean for that to happen. Just wanted to let you know that you are coming to the party with me tomorrow.” with that he went back to eating.

I smacked him across the back of the head. He dropped that sandwich that he was attempting to eat. “What was that for!?” he hissed. “Do not ever try and take my food away from me or attempt to make me drop it when I am attempting to eat it. Oh yeah and I will not go to a party. I’m not a party type of girl.” With that I went back to eating my delicious food.

Colten then smacked my hand making me drop my food again. I turned and shot him the best death glare that I could muster. He just smiled at me and said, “You are going to the party even if I have to drag you there by your nose. And trust me, I will stick to that.” he smiled at me.

I looked into his eyes to see if he was bluffing, but he wasn’t. He was serious. Ugh, I don’t want to go to a stupid party!

All of the sudden those stupid terrifying memories stated to replay themselves in my mind.