Chapter 16

Chapter sixteen

It has been a week and a couple days since I got that text from Stephan. The school week passed by uneventfully, except that Colten and Cayden didn't let me out of their site. That was pretty annoying. One of them was always with me where ever I went. I knew that they meant well, but I thought it was crazy.

Now it was Monday and I was standing in the airport. No, I was not leaving yet. Colten was going to Wisconsin with James to see a brewers game and then tour UW Madison. He was staying for about a week so he would be back Monday. The only thing he would really miss is a school dance this Friday.

I wasn't that excited about it. All the school dances that I have been at end in disaster or they are so full of pointless drama. They aren't even fun to go to. People now a days are just stupid when it comes to that kind of things. They try and ruin everybody else's night, but they just ruin everyone’s.

Anyway, I would deal with all of that crap later. Now I was saying good bye to Colten for a week. Since last Saturday we have gotten much closer. So have Cayden and I. They knew about everything and agreed to my wishes of by telling anyone, not even Austin or Alison.

"Flight 15 to Wisconsin us now boarding." the flight lady said.

I looked over at Colten and our eyes locked. He came over to me and pulled me into one of his bear hugs. I snuggled into his chest.

"I'm gonna miss to Colten."

He laughed. "It's okay going to be a week. I'll be back next Monday."

"Yeah I know that, but still." I said and pulled away.

"I'm will miss you too. Have fun at the dance and be safe. I don't need you to die on me once I am gone."

"Yup Colten, because that was what I had in mind. And I don't even know if I am going to go to go to the dance. They are just stupid and drama filled." I said

an scrunched up my face in disgust.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Anyway, I have to go now. See you later Hailey. I'll text you later to tonight." He kissed me on my forehead and ran to the flight lady

and handed he his ticket. With one last wave to me and Cayden, James and him went onto the plane.

Cayden came up to me and wraps his arms around my waist from behind. "I heard you say that you weren't going to the dance this Friday.”

“Yeah I did say that because I’m not going.”

“Come on, you have to go! It wont be fun if you aren’t there!” He whined and pouted out his bottom lip. I laughed at his childishness. Soon after that his face lit up and he smirked at me. “I have the perfect idea!” He practically screamed at the top of his lungs.

I quickly put my hand over his mouth to quiet him. “Cayden! We are in an airport. You have to use your indoor voice!” I scolded. He sighed and dragged me out into the parking lot and threw me into the passenger seat. Rude much?

“Are you ready for this awesome plan?!” He screeched like a little girl. I really need to talk to Alison about getting him some help.

“Sure, but please stop with the screaming.”

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Now down to business. So you really don’t want to go to the dance?” I nodded my head yes. “Well that’s just to bad because you are going. Now that we have that covered, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the dance with me. You know, in a totally friendly kinda way?”

To be honest with you I was shocked and didn’t know how to reply. I didn’t really want to go to the dance, but how could I say no to him? He’s practically my best friend. And that look he was giving me, the ones that make them look like a lost puppy, how could I say no to that?