Chapter 4

Chapter 4 (Hailey’s POV)

I heard the intercom click in in my room, “Hailey, guys, time for dinner. Cayden could you please get Hailey from her room and show her the way to the kitchen. Thank you.” said Mrs. Copper. I sat up on my bed and slipped on my fuzzy slippers. Soon after there was a soft knock at my door. “Its open!” I said as the door opened.

“I am here to escort you to the kitchen for dinner, Miss Johnson.” said Cayden as he held his arm out to me. “Why, aren’t you such a sweet boy.” I said as I linked my arm through his. We walked out of my room and started down the hallway. “Just a heads up- sit away from the twins. On occasion they like to start food fights. The little monsters get away with it too because mom says it’s “cutie” and they don’t know better yet. Man, if I knew that when I was their age I would have started those kinds of thing years ago.” Alison lets her kids start food fights? That surprises me. To me she seemed like the strict type. “Thanks for the advice.”

We made a few turns and went down the staircase. We then came to the busy kitchen packed with boys and one precious little girl sitting in her highchairs. I sat at the end of the table far away from the two highchairs that held the twins.

Everyone started to sit down and get comfortable. Cayden sat next to me and Brandon sat across from me. For dinner we were having tacos. I wish I hadn’t worn my new shirt. O well right? Everyone dug into the food eating like they were starved orphans. Personally, I ate slowly not to get anything on my new shirt.

Of course no one could eat a meal and not get anything on their shirt. Right? Ten minutes of nice silence and the twins must have gotten board with it. Right when I was going to take a bite of the cheesy goodness that was coming out of my taco I felt something land smack dab right on the front of my shirt. Mashed peas and potatoes mixed. Nice. I wonder who did that?

I could fell it dripping down my shirt because I was wearing a V-neck. Gosh, this was so embarrassing. Brandon, Riley, and Daniel acting as the gentleman they are burst out laughing. Like I said, stay away from them. “Boys!” shirked Alison. “Hailey, I’m so sorry. They should know better to do that.” She said frantically trying to get the little monsters out of the room. “Alison, its fine. If you could excise me though. I’m going to go change and take a shower.” I said and got up.

Wait, how was I gonna find my room in this place? I walked back into the kitchen to hear most of the guys laughing. That included Austin. wasn’t he supposed to be setting a good example for his kids? Whatever.

“Hey, can someone help me find my room?” I said and looked around. Brandon shot up, “I’ll do it.” he said and smirked at me with a glint of humor. I walked out and started up the stairs trying not to drag my beloved fluffy slippers. “You might want me to go first, considering you have no idea where you are going.” he said with a laugh. “Fine, go.” I said.

He passed by me going up the rest of the stairs and into the first hallway. “Thanks, I’ve got it from here.” I said and pushed past him down to the last door. I was just about to open it when I heard someone come up behind me, “Don’t you also need to find the bathroom and the buttons to that shirt.” His breath made shivers to go down my skin., but not really in the enjoyable way.

“No thanks, I’m not that stupid.” I said and quickly went into my room and shut the door. I made sure to lock the door behind me. What just happened? Did he seriously just ask me if I needed help to get off my shirt? What a perv! I grabbed some sweats and a comfy t-shirt and went into the bathroom.

After a nice hot shower I went into my room find the perv himself laying on my bed. “Jezz, I didn’t know it took girls that long to take a shower.” said Brandon. “What in the world are you doing in my room?” I asked as calmly as I could. Inside I was mentally stabbing him with a fork. Yeah I know, I have a very creative imagination. Or as some people would call it, mentally ill. He just kept staring at me. Now he was being eaten alive by sharks in the middle of the ocean.