Chapter 1

Chapter 1 (Hailey's POV)

"Beep beep!"

"Ugh!" I sighed while slapping my alarm clock. Today is the day that I move in with my dad's best friend's family. I was dreading this day as soon as the social worker told me where I was going to live after that horrible car crash.

I remember that day way to well. Daddy was taking me and Kailey out to a movie because it was a rainy day. He was driving down he road when he lost control of the car. It skidded off the road and slammed into a tree. My dad wasn't wearing a seatbelt and was thrown from the car. He died instantly.

My twin sister Kailey also died. Her side of the car smashed into a tree. She hit her head so hard in the window that it shattered. Hear head had a huge gash in it and was bleeding very badly. She made it to the hospital but died after arriving. As for me, I am perfectly fine except for some stitches above my eyebrow. I would have a scar there for life.

That night I cried for four strait hours. I was all alone in that white lifeless room except for my social worker Isabella. I had no other family besides my daddy and sister. I had lost both in one night. I know your wondering, what about your mom? Well, she left when Kailey and I were five.

That no good piece of crap left us for some stupid guy who was the leader of some stupid band. I hated her from that day on and never wanted to see her again. Isabella tried to convince me to move in with her and her 4th husband. I refused and didn't want to even talk to her. I mean, can u blame me? She told me that my mother missed me after 11 years and was so sad and torn up after she heard the news. Yeah right. I didn't even want to see her at the funeral.

The day of their funeral Isabella told me she found me somewhere to live. She told me I was staying with my dad's best friend's family. Dad never spoke of Austin Parker that often anymore. Apparently she had already talked to them and I was moving in four days after the funeral.

I sat up and looked at my now empty room. I finished packing up all my belongings, dad's, and Kailey's. I put all of their stuff and other family belongings into storage to go through some other time. Austin and Alison Parker were going to be here soon to pick me up. I never meet these people let along new them. For all I know they might eat children and keep their carcasses in the basement. I had to move in with these people that I knew nothing about. Great, just great.

I realized that I never even meet them even though these people where apparently my dad's best friends. Questions soared through my mind. Did they have children? Were they nice? Were they rich? Poor? Would they hate me? Did they even want me? I forced myself to get out of my bed and got dressed.

Shortly after carrying the last of my stuff into the living room I heard a knock at the door. I opened the door to find two people there. The woman's eyes were red and puffy. The second person was a man and he looked sad. The woman came right in and hugged me tight. Wow, this was strange. This must be the people that I was going to live with. Yippie.

Alison started to cry on my shoulder. "I'm so very sorry Hailey." she told me. Mr. Parker the came in and joined in on the hugging fest."I'm sorry to Hailey, your father was a great man and we were very close to him. Sorry about your sister, too." he said. I tried not to cry at the mention of me dad and sister in the same sentence. I don't think I was ready to talk about them at the same time yet.

We stayed like that for a little longer. Just standing there hugging. It was nice to hear that other people besides me loves my family. I mean, I heard it all before. I'm so sorry, my condolences, people fake crying, looking at my with pity. I hated all that the most.

With Alison and Austin I could tell in their eyes that they really did care about them. "Alright," said Mr. Parker, "we should get going. It will be a hour drive back and the boys will be waiting." I looked at them and said, "wait, you have kids?" Alison laughed. Why would she laugh? I just asked a question and it wasn't even a funny one.

"No one told you?" she asked me. I shook my head. Mr. Parker looked at me and said, "Yes, we have children. As a matter of fact we have twelve of them. Oh, and our two nephews live with us also." Holy crap! They have fourteen kids!?! They must be busy people. "Wow, fourteen kids. That must be a handful." I said still in shock. "How many are girls?" Hey, you cant blame me, I so do not wanna live in a house with all boys. That would be a nightmare. What Mr. Copper said next made that come true.

He laughed and said, "One girl. She's one and my little princess. The rest are all boys." There was a smirk on his face, but a twinkle in his eye when he talked about his daughter. Wow, I didn't see that one coming. Living in a house with all boys except one girl that was one year old. How could I survive?

"Ok, we better get going then." I said. They helped me get all of my crap into the car. While we drove off I looked back at my house. My eyes started to tear up. Do not cry, do not cry. I didn't want to cry over my loses anymore. I was trying my hardest to keep in the tears, but one slipped out against my will. This was going to be a long ride.