Chapter #18 Seraphina

A wave of dizziness washed over me as I tried to sit up. I clutched my head in pain, and laid back down. What happened?

"Seraphina!" A loud voice yelled, "your awake!"

I turned my head, my vision was too blurry to see much, and all I could make out was a blue blob.

"E-Elaine?" I asked measly, "is t-that you?"

Something ran up to me, and I could feel a hand on my head. Then, something wet on my forehead, the dizziness began to go away.

"Is that better?" The voice asked, "I put a cloth with water on your forehead. I hope it makes it feel better!"

I smiled lazily, "yes, i-it helps."

"Thank god you woke up. I was starting to think that maybe I should call Arlo..."

"No!" I sat up fast, "don't call him."

She stared at me strangely, "why not?"

"He," I growled, "makes me feel like I'm weak when I'm in a tough situation."

Elaine frowned, "Okay? That's still not a good explanation."

"And it angers me. A lot."

She nodded, "that's understandable, how are you feeling though?"

I leaned against one of the walls, "the dizziness and nausea is going away."

We both sat there for a little bit.

"What happened?" I asked breaking the silence, "I don't really remember..."

She stiffened, "the black haired guy."

I cocked my head, "be a little bit more specific."

"The one that dethroned Arlo!" She growled, "he came in, knocked you out, and stole the cake!!!"

I narrowed my eyes, "Wait a second, I wouldn't be knocked out so easily, tell me the story."

She sighed, "he had a knife at my throat, so you didn't attacked anything."

My eyes widened, and the memories began rushing in.

          "Elaine, I hear someone at the door," I told her, "I'm just going to see who it is."

          The blue haired girl smiled, "sure! Go ahead, I can take care of the cake for now."

         I walked over to the door, and opened it up. Who would be at the door at this hour?

When I opened it, I was surprised to see the raven haired boy standing in front of me. My mouth widened, "what are you..."

"I wanted to apologi..." John started, but I caught the looked of mischief in his eyes.

I slammed the door, and ran to Elaine, who was staring at the cake merrily.

"Elaine!" I yelled, "get the cake out of the kitchen!"

She stared at me confused, "Why Seraphina, we promised to cook the cake today. We were going to have a movie night." She pouted.

"Elaine," I growled, I didn't have time for this. For all I knew, the cake would only attract him in here. "Just get the damn cake out of here."

She turned around, "Fine."

She walked over to the refrigerator, and placed the cake in there. I walked over to the door, waiting to see if he would try anything.